Automated Testing - Forward Testing Errors

Hi All,

I have a set of scripts that run the MT5 terminal automatically in optimization mode and output the result in xml format. I'm able to run the backtest without issues, but automated forward testing(using the script) is generating errors and unable to complete. The odd thing about it is forward testing works perfectly when operating it manually.

Here are a few of thousands of errors im getting:

MQ 2 15:33:08.576 Core 20 forward pass 990 tested with error "history processing error (tester bar time error)" in 0:00:00.014

RQ 2 15:33:08.594 Core 18 forward pass 306 tested with error "history processing error (tester bar time error)" in 0:00:00.013

Note: I have downloaded enough history(bars/tick data) to cover for the optimization period.

I have put together a proof of concept for this issue using the standard "moving average" EA. The file is attached to this post.

Forward_Issue.zip - "Forward_Issue" folder must be unzipped inside MT5 Terminal folder.

The Forward_Issue file/folder contain:

Log Messages.txt - The error messages i'm receiving

Moving Average.set - Set file with optimization parameters configured

run.cmd - Command to execute(edit to see code). It basically makes a copy of common.ini, adds Tester.txt(Optimization configuration) to it, and run terminal64.exe against it.

Tester.txt - Optimization directive.

I have looked around extensively for a way to resolve this at no avail. I believe this to be a issue with the tester/ MT5 terminal since forward testing is working when running it manually.

To verify this, simply cancel the automated optimization once the errors start appearing, and re-run the optimization with the same/loaded parameters. No need to close the terminal.

Also, please let me know if anyone  know how to contact the "Help Desk" to report this issue.

Thank You!

Files:

The service desk is dealing with the financial issues only.
Any other situation/issues should be discussed on the forum sorry.

for information.

Marcos Silva:
What build are you using ?

Sergey Golubev:

The service desk is dealing with the financial issues only.
Any other situation/issues should be discussed on the forum sorry.

for information.

Thank you for letting me know. No problem.

Alain Verleyen:
What build are you using ?

I'm using 2190. But have tried on other previous versions as well.

Marcos Silva:

I'm using 2190. But have tried on other previous versions as well.

I confirm the problem.

You have an error in your config file but doesn't seem to be related.

Currency=EURUSD

EDIT : Reported on correct topic to hope a fix.

Alain Verleyen:

I confirm the problem.

You have an error in your config file but doesn't seem to be related.

Currency=EURUSD

Sorry, Exness adds the "m" to the currency pair name. Aside from the pair name mismatch, are you seeing the same errors?  

Marcos Silva:

Sorry, Exness adds the "m" to the currency pair name. Aside from the pair name mismatch, are you seeing the same errors?  

EURUSD is not a currency, should be EUR or USD.

I already said I confirm the problem, which means I have the same errors.

Alain Verleyen:

EURUSD is not a currency, should be EUR or USD.

I already said I confirm the problem, which means I have the same errors.

Thanks, i appreciate the effort. What do you suggest i do now?

Reason: