Brazilian WDO automated exchange

Hello there, I´m starting with MQL5 just recently.

I´m learning how to make robots and I`ve done a really simple code:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                      ProjectName |
//|                                      Copyright 2018, CompanyName |
//|                                       http://www.companyname.net |
#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>

CTrade trade;

//|                                                                  |
void OnTick()
  {
//Get the bid price
   double Bid = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_BID),_Digits);
// We create an array for the prices
   MqlRates PriceInfo[];
//We sort the price array from the current candle downwards
   ArraySetAsSeries(PriceInfo, true);
//We fill the array with the price data
   int PriceData = CopyRates(_Symbol, _Period,0, 3, PriceInfo);
//buy when candle in bearish
   Comment("PositionsTotal(): ",PositionsTotal()," Condition: ",PriceInfo[0].close < PriceInfo[0].open && PositionsTotal()==0, " Bid: ", Bid);
   if(PriceInfo[0].close < PriceInfo[0].open && PositionsTotal()==0)
     {
      trade.Sell(50, NULL, Bid, Bid+300*_Point,Bid-150*_Point,NULL);
     }
  }

My problem is, when I use the current symbol os WDO, WDOZ19 the orders are not send by MQL5, it just works when I use WDO$. I just tried the without adjustement version WDO$N and it didn´t worked as well, ayone know the reason?

Floriano Victor:

Hello there, I´m starting with MQL5 just recently.

I´m learning how to make robots and I`ve done a really simple code:

My problem is, when I use the current symbol os WDO, WDOZ19 the orders are not send by MQL5, it just works when I use WDO$. I just tried the without adjustment version WDO$N and it didn´t worked as well, ayone know the reason?

I have some doubts that it placed a trade using a WDO$ chart ? Are you sure, can you show the log ?

Also I have never seen a "WDO" symbol (without any suffix). Is this a typo ? If not what broker is that ?

WDO$, WDO$D, WDO$N, WDO@, WDO@D, WDO@N are continuous series using different aggregation methods, and they are all NOT tradable. You can use them for your analysis, but you need to trade the current tradable symbol WDOZ19.

Alain Verleyen:

I have some doubts that it placed a trade using a WDO$ chart ? Are you sure, can you show the log ?

Also I have never seen a "WDO" symbol (without any suffix). Is this a typo ? If not what broker is that ?

WDO$, WDO$D, WDO$N, WDO@, WDO@D, WDO@N are continuous series using different aggregation methods, and they are all NOT tradable. You can use them for your analysis, but you need to trade the current tradable symbol WDOZ19.

Alain, thanks for your reply.

When I put WDO is just to mention the Dolar Mini Contract here on Brazil, it´s similar to Mini Dax in German, it´s not a symbol, just a mention.

I´m running my analysis by now, I did not used the bot to trade yet, but I think you just replied me, when you say that I must use tradable symbol, I just got confused why MQL5 did´nt let me run my analysis over the tradable symbol WDOZ19, just in the continous series...

Floriano Victor:

Alain, thanks for your reply.

When I put WDO is just to mention the Dolar Mini Contract here on Brazil, it´s similar to Mini Dax in German, it´s not a symbol, just a mention.

I´m running my analysis by now, I did not used the bot to trade yet, but I think you just replied me, when you say that I must use tradable symbol, I just got confused why MQL5 did´nt let me run my analysis over the tradable symbol WDOZ19, just in the continous series...

You can make your analysis on WDOZ19, but you will just have less history data.
Reason: