One VPS, one account, but several MT4s. Possible?

Hello,

can somebody please help me to answer whether it is possible/recommended to trade on a single brokers account from several MT4 terminals on the same server/VPS? I tried this and it works in principle, but since I get sort of platform freezing when the markets get very active I wonder whether this setup is conflicting somehow?

Can anybody help or share his/her experience? Or can some technical support member tell me whether this is definitively not recommended or so?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Best regards

Johannes

Hi, platform freezed becoause probably you have not enaugh RAM on VPS. Regards Greg 

I checked RAM and CPU. That is not the problem for sure.

Discussion about commercial products or solutions is not allowed in the forum.

If you want to talk about MQL5 VPS, you can do so, but not about competitors.

Johannes Katzer:
I checked RAM and CPU. That is not the problem for sure.

Ok, do you instaled each platform to different folder? 

Yes, I did install them in different folders. The question remains if they get in conflict when trading on the same account? Is it recommended to use only one MT4 per trading account?

how many EA you have instaled per platform?

Johannes Katzer:
Yes, I did install them in different folders. The question remains if they get in conflict when trading on the same account? Is it recommended to use only one MT4 per trading account?

No there is no conflict as long as you have sufficient fund/margin.  MT4 is literally just TV that will broadcast from the same source of the same account. Whatever you buy or sell in that account it will  be seen in 10x MT4 installs (if you like to burn your computer or VPS).  If CPU and RAM is not a problem, I think the problem could lie in the speed of the network, suddenly there a rush of download stream in the particular VPS, but again it depends on what the deal is with VPS company.

Cheers,

10 to 20 per MT4, Greg.

Johannes Katzer:
10 to 20 per MT4, Greg.

Maybe this is problem, try to use max 10 strategies per one MT4. Regards Greg

if u wanna place 10 mt4 i think you need ram more than 16 GB,

remember 1 mt4 need minimum spec 2 gb ram,if u use 10 mt4 so u need 20 GB ram on your vps

Reason: