MT5 Bug report/change request : Profit column of active trade is not accurate

Hello,

I tried to find contact for MT5 dev team to report the bug but could not find any. So here :

As the title says, if I open a position (in this case short), then a transaction happens (another sell at the bid), the candle on the chart updates down (because the candles show the LAST transaction price) AND the profit column updates to profit for me (1 tick). BUT the BID/ASK did not move, so it is wrong I am not in profit. If I was to close my position at that precise time I would not make a profit because the BID/ASK did not move yet! To make a profit I need the ASK to go down one tick so I can buy 1 contract 1 tick cheaper than I sold it.

That is very misleading!

1. zeTrade: to report the bug
    Confirmed bug reports, should be posted in the MetaQuote's specific thread for your version. For example New MetaTrader 5 platform build 2170
    The service desk is dealing with financial issues only for now. And any other issues/possible bugs/suggestions/ideas/etc should be discussed on the forum.
              Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - MQL5 programming forum - #509 2019.05.21

2. zeTrade: the profit column updates to profit for me (1 tick). BUT the BID/ASK did not move, so it is wrong I am not in profit
    You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close. That isn't being shown because the spread in the future is unknown.

3. zeTrade: To make a profit I need the ASK to go down one tick s
    To make a profit it needs the Ask to go down by the spread plus one tick.

William Roeder:
  1. Confirmed bug reports, should be posted in the MetaQuote's specific thread for your version. For example New MetaTrader 5 platform build 2170

2. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close. That isn't being shown because the spread in the future is unknown.

3. To make a profit it needs the Ask to go down by the spread plus one tick.

Hi William,

Thanks for your answer! I agree with everything you just said this is exactly how it is.

I still think there is something wrong with the profit column.

I will do other test this week and post

Have a good one!

I can not log in using password in my email, it said invalid password, how can i get a new password for me to sign in to mq5

09974956148:
I can not log in using password in my email, it said invalid password, how can i get a new password for me to sign in to mq5

https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_forgotten

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
Reason: