Indicators/EA's in market not meant to be sold but to lure you into alternative brokers.

Hey guys hope you all doing well,

Just wanted to share my experience and to get input from you guys on what you think.

My story goes by finding an indicator that was released recently that caught my attention, looking at the price tag felt its really out of market range as double to early triple figures sound about the average but going above mid $500 and above makes you wounder whats the purpose of placing it in the market knowing it wont sell. so i contacted the developer asking him if promotion will be running soon or a discount for the first buys to get indirect answer by thanking me for my interest and thats just about it. 2 days later i got approached by broker claiming that he got my contact from the developer i showed interest on his project and they have partnered together so if i wish to switch broker to them i get the indicator included when account is opened or at discounted rate as requested. this makes me think on the purpose of developers that create products not meant to be sold but to lure you in.

let me know if its a norm or not and how do you guys feel with the approach

Hamadfx:

Hey guys hope you all doing well,

Just wanted to share my experience and to get input from you guys on what you think.

My story goes by finding an indicator that was released recently that caught my attention, looking at the price tag felt its really out of market range as double to early triple figures sound about the average but going above mid $500 and above makes you wounder whats the purpose of placing it in the market knowing it wont sell. so i contacted the developer asking him if promotion will be running soon or a discount for the first buys to get indirect answer by thanking me for my interest and thats just about it. 2 days later i got approached by broker claiming that he got my contact from the developer i showed interest on his project and they have partnered together so if i wish to switch broker to them i get the indicator included when account is opened or at discounted rate as requested. this makes me think on the purpose of developers that create products not meant to be sold but to lure you in.

let me know if its a norm or not and how do you guys feel with the approach

This is not at all normal for good respectable brokers, but it may be the case for some exceptions.

I wouldn't even consider a broker that approaches me in order to sell me some EA or strategy.

Since we are not allowed to discuss brokers in the forum, you should be extremely careful.

Reason: