sending two orders on the exact same tick

Hi

i'm trying to come up with a setup that uses two VPS to secure trading if a VPS crashes, then the other takes control.

My question is :

If I send two orders on the exact same tick from two different VPS on the same account, will there be two orders opened? or only one ?

thanks

Jeff

Of course you will have 2 orders

Akram Azizi:
Of course you will have 2 orders

thanks

would there be a way to prevent this from happening ? (other than delay one VPS by a few seconds)

Jef

Hi, you can install program to monitor your platform. Regards Greg

Jean Francois Le Bas:

thanks

would there be a way to prevent this from happening ? (other than delay one VPS by a few seconds)

Jef

if you use an expert you can prevent this from happenning , but if you send the orders manually it´s impossible

Jean Francois Le Bas: (other than delay one VPS by a few seconds)
OrderSend sends the request, network delivers, placed in the server queue. Once it reaches the top of the queue, you get filled or not, and the result delivered back to the terminal. Normally it is the 20-200 milliseconds the network takes to deliver is the limiting factor, but it can take minutes to do a trade because of the servers during news.

Akram Azizi:

if you use an expert you can prevent this from happenning , but if you send the orders manually it´s impossible

yes but the expert would be twice on the same pair, on two different VPS.

Jeff

Reason: