MT4 error "Position accounting system mismatch"

I am trying to subscribe to a signal through MQL5, but I keep getting this error in MT4: "Position accounting system mismatch the signal provider uses hedging." Provider has confirmed that they are not using hedging, and they are not blocking the purchase. My broker has confirmed that they are not blocking the purchase, either. MQL5 support claims they are not blocking it. Where would this error come from then? How can nobody be claiming to block this?

5ninefish:
I am trying to subscribe to a signal through MQL5, but I keep getting this error in MT4: "Position accounting system mismatch the signal provider uses hedging." Provider has confirmed that they are not using hedging, and they are not blocking the purchase. My broker has confirmed that they are not blocking the purchase, either. MQL5 support claims they are not blocking it. Where would this error come from then? How can nobody be claiming to block this?

You are probably talking about a MT5 signal and the most probable cause of this problem is that the signal provider uses a hedge account (even though he/she may not do hedging) and you have a netting account.

Try to open a hedge MT5 account with your broker.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are probably talking about a MT5 signal and the most probable cause of this problem is that the signal provider uses a hedge account (even though he/she may not do hedging) and you have a netting account.

Try to open a hedge MT5 account with your broker.

No, this is actually an MT4 account. I have no MT5 accounts. My broker has no idea why this is happening. 

5ninefish:
No, this is actually an MT4 account. I have no MT5 accounts. My broker has no idea why this is happening. 

Then your broker is incompatible with this signal.

Ask the signal provider for suggested broker/server setups.

5ninefish:
Hello, did you receive an answer on this question?

5ninefish:
Hello, did you receive an answer on this question?

hello. i need withdraw some money and give me this. how i can fill this and what does it mean CHAIN TYPE.

alkonisalem #:
hello. i need withdraw some money and give me this. how i can fill this and what does it mean CHAIN TYPE.

This is about your broker trading account, contact them please, we can't help you here.

MQL5.com is not a broker nor has anything to do with your real trading account.

Reason: