Do Investment Banks like Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan... use MQL5?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if these big investment banks use actually MQL5 ??

I would like also to know which programming languages are the most used there for algo trading, C++, R, Matlab, SAS, SQL, SPSS?

Thanks!

stelin2000:

Hi guys,

I was wondering if these big investment banks use actually MQL5 ??

I would like also to know which programming languages are the most used there for algo trading, C++, R, Matlab, SAS, SQL, SPSS?

Thanks!

c/c++

I read some interesting material on the subject of algo-trading (and some good MQL5 material), it has been a while now since any updates there, unfortunately. Find it at http://www.MQLmagazine.com/ It has always loaded slowly for me, so it might take patience to find the articles you are looking for.

Seems more disappointed with his experience than excited, but still there lies lots of potential for us MQL5-types in the realm of personal investing, selling tools and services, or even just joining one another's projects. I don't much see myself working for the big capital banks anyway, so I prefer to seek opportunities to "skip" the bank job and going straight into self-sustainable semi-automatic/expert enhanced trading riches. :)

Cheers 

MQLmagazine.com | All things MetaTrader
  • www.mqlmagazine.com
Portfolio expert advisors, as well as the more complex multiasset expert advisors, were awaited by the retail trading community ever since limitations of the MT4 backtester became obvious, that is, about 4 – 5 years ago. The difference between multiasset and portfolio EAs is that multiasset EAs have... Read more »
Reason: