Indicators: Bars and Rates Information Utility, displays how many bars there are in all timeframes for any user selected symbol, and shows the 'CopyRates' information availablity for any bar

Bars and Rates Information Utility, displays how many bars there are in all timeframes for any user selected symbol, and shows the 'CopyRates' information availablity for any bar:

This utility is not a trading or market information utility. This will likely only interest those writing (or debugging) indicators using multiple timeframes and collecting information using Bars (or iBars) and CopyRates. The utility creates a list showing the number of Bars reported by the "Bars" function and shows the success of CopyRates for any selected bar by displaying that bar's time from the collected data (or, it shows the error).

Bars and Rates Information Utility, displays how many bars there are in all timeframes for any user selected symbol, and shows the 'CopyRates' information availablity for any bar

Author: LukeB

Bars and Rates Information Utility, displays how many bars there are in all timeframes for any user selected symbol, and shows the 'CopyRates' information availablity for any bar
  • www.mql5.com
This utility is not a trading information utility.  It will only have value for those getting bar information using the Bars (or iBars, as they are near equivalent) and the CopyRates functions over multiple timeframes.  Testing was mostly done using the "Basket Viewer" utility and clicking on each of the symbols in it's list to switch the chart...

If anyone has any thoughts on obtaining data from the terminal along the lines of what this indicator does, I started a forum topic on it:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/319249
MQL5: How do I initialize data for CopyRates, Bars and iBars?
MQL5: How do I initialize data for CopyRates, Bars and iBars?
  • www.mql5.com
I'm Looking for help on how to initialize terminal data before OnCalculate is called...