Android 9 Pie sound notification issue on Android MT4 build 1179 (18 june 2019)

Hi

since I have moved from Android Kitkat 4.4.4 to Android 9 Pie, MT4 sound notifications ( Metaquotes ID messages ) are not handled correctly.

This seems to be an issue of compatiblity between MT4 and the new flexible way how Android 9 manages the notifications.

All the "MESSAGES" settings ( Notification ringtone and Vibration settings ) are never taken into account.

Whatever these settings are configured, the Android 9 notification system seems to superseed the application settings.

The result is that only the default notification sound ( system configuration ) is played.

When disabling "system" notification, MT4 application does not play any sound.

Hi,

I saw nobody reply on this topic yet, or maybe nobody use the feature.

But after 3 month of diving to Internet world, i finally found how to configure this setting.

Yes exactly, if youre using MT4/MT5 you have option to change the notification sound via the Apps, but as you will know it didnt change anything, MT4/MT5 still using the General Sound. 

It so frustrated.

I am using Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy S20. Here its how to configure it:

1) Go to Setting > Apps

2) Choose your Application "MetaTrader 4" or "MetaTrader 5"

3) Click on "Notification"

4) Click on "Notification categories" (At here i stuck about 1 month and not sure what to do)

5) Click on "MetaTrader Terminal" (Now i know that you can click on it to display many options)

6) Now finally you can choose option "Sound" and choose your custom sound only for the Apps.

I believe it standard on all android device (Android 9 and above). Hope this will help anybody that need this. 

I Sign Up to MQL5 just to post to help so you will not be frustrated like me.

Hi!

Thank you very much @mdfiTutorial !

I've got a new phone too and I was looking for this setting for about a week now.

Your instructions are accurate and perfect.

Reason: