Back to simple trading systems

Hi every one,

I've started to investigate and implement a series of simple strategies based on simple technical analysis such as resistance, support, simple price actions.

Does every one now any indicators based on tick data and not time frames such as m1,m15,m30,... ? I am searching for some indicator which shows power of sell and power of buy based on price action on tick data.

Appreciating any help...

Ramin Zahed:

Hi every one,

I've started to investigate and implement a series of simple strategies based on simple technical analysis such as resistance, support, simple price actions.

Does every one now any indicators based on tick data and not time frames such as m1,m15,m30,... ? I am searching for some indicator which shows power of sell and power of buy based on price action on tick data.

Appreciating any help...

1) All indicators are based on tick data, no matter the time frame. 

2) All indicators *repaint* the current bar (or even previous bars), because its based on ticks (last bid).

3) All indicators can be converted to update the history per tick, disregarding timeframe.

Open a tick chart, and see what is going on. If you base your entry / exit on tick level, you need to have the appropriate setup. This means the having the means to profit off a couple of ticks.

Unless you want to latency arbitrage, it is of no use really.

Enrique Dangeroux:

2) All indicators *repaint* the current bar (or even previous bars), because its based on ticks (last bid).

3) All indicators can be converted to update the history per tick, disregarding timeframe.

Open a tick chart, and see what is going on. If you base your entry / exit on tick level, you need to have the appropriate setup. This means the having the means to profit off a couple of ticks.

Hi Enrique,

I know all of the items you mentioned, but candle sticks does not return all of the actions happend in the price. of course m1 is the more close one to tick data but m1 tf also lacks some information regarding to tick data itself.

I am searching for indicators based on this omitted information on other time frames...

Ramin Zahed:

Hi Enrique,

I know all of the items you mentioned, but candle sticks does not return all of the actions happend in the price. of course m1 is the more close one to tick data but m1 tf also lacks some information regarding to tick data itself.

I am searching for indicators based on this omitted information on other time frames...

You can just add the code that eliminates all ticks for any timeframe so that shouldn't form any problem.

Enrique Dangeroux:

You should not use statement like "All indicators" so lightly, for each your points it can be demonstrated that it's not exact.

Working with ticks can for sure be of real use.

Would venture to make a controversial statement - ticks are a field of study for those who feel young.

I noticed a paradox - the older I get, I appeal to higher timeframes, now I have already gone beyond the minute time frames)

Reason: