Suggestion for History

I have found that only testing with Real Ticks gives reliable result. Problem is that it takes a lot of time, long period time testing is almost impossible. So I choose approximately right parameters and just run it with different SymbolNames. Obviously computer has power to run more than one SymbolName. It is similar when you test normally you can see usually about 4...6 agents running simultaneously. When you want to run 4..6 SymbolNames simultaneously, you have to install 4..6 MetaTraders and then you can run different SymbolNames on  every MetaTrader. Problem (!!!) is that every metatrader downloads history in its own folder. As result it causes multiple download of one and the same SymbolName for different MetaTraders. Now the main question: Is it possible, that all installed MetaTrades are reading-writing history from one source/directory?

Isn't the testing mode "All Symbols Selected in Market Watch" what you need ?

If you try symbolic or hard link (Windows), you could have 1 main directory for all MT5 instances, but you will probably need to download once and make it read-only, as I have serious doubt it will work correctly otherwise. I never tried though.

Optimization Types - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5
Optimization Types - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
This type of optimization is based on the genetic algorithm of search for the best values of input parameters. This type is much faster than the first one and is almost of the same quality. The slow complete optimization that would take several years can be performed within several hours using the genetic algorithm. Each individual has a...
Reason: