Expert advisor doesn't open any trades in strategy testing

Dear fellow traders,

I am pretty new to MQL5. Therefor I studied this article and expert advisor for beginners: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/35

It has a really nice expert advisor and I would like to adjust/work with it in the future. Then I installed the expert advisor into my strategy tester to see it perform but nothing happens..? I am really confused..

does anybody has a clue why it won't execute any trades?  Thanks in advanced!

Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator
Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator
  • Denis Zyatkevich
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Programming Language 5 (MQL5), included in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal, has many new possibilities and higher performance, compared to MQL4. This article will help you to get acquainted with this new programming language. The simple examples of how to write an Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator are presented in this article. We will also consider some details of MQL5 language, that are necessary to understand these examples.

DutchFX:

Dear fellow traders,

I am pretty new to MQL5. Therefor I studied this article and expert advisor for beginners: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/35

It has a really nice expert advisor and I would like to adjust/work with it in the future. Then I installed the expert advisor into my strategy tester to see it perform but nothing happens..? I am really confused..

Did you get any message in the Journal tab ?

Which settings are you using for the Strategy Tester ?

angevoyageur:

Did you get any message in the Journal tab ?

Which settings are you using for the Strategy Tester ?

When I look at my journal it says: tester agent authorization error

Does that mean that I am not allowed to use this expert advisor..? 

DutchFX:

When I look at my journal it says: tester agent authorization error

Does that mean that I am not allowed to use this expert advisor..? 

Did you try to download the code below the article and compile it as is?

I see the expert calls for a custom indicator.

Did you also make sure to compile the called hCI indicator ?

DutchFX

Any printscreen and/or code will help us to help you.

The way this is going, it will take too much time to help you.

Regards 

DutchFX:

Dear fellow traders,

Hi,

There could be many reason, I guess. However my situation is similar and the problem with my code is "for(i=1;i<=limit;i++)"

the EQUAL sign on my indicator is incorrect.

Just my 2 cents.

SCFX 

Thanks for all your replys!

I made a stupid mistake. I didn't downloaded the indicator because I thought I only need the expert advisor! Once I downloaded the indicator and compiled the expert advisor works great! 

Reason: