Commission

Hi. I know nobody is allowed to give me a specific recommendation but are there any Forex brokers who charge commission based on the value of the completed trade rather than as a percentage of the lot size?

peternoble:
Hi. I know nobody is allowed to give me a specific recommendation but are there any Forex brokers who charge commission based on the value of the completed trade rather than as a percentage of the lot size?

As the lot size is the value of the trade, isn't it the same thing?

Keith Watford:

As the lot size is the value of the trade, isn't it the same thing?

No. If I place a trade with a lot size of 0.1 I am charged 0.23 commission every time regardless of what the trade goes on to win or lose....

A number of off topic posts have been removed.

I seriously doubt whether any broker would reduce the commission if your trade loses.

Keith Watford:

I seriously doubt whether any broker would reduce the commission if your trade loses.

You are totally misunderstanding my point. I'm talking about commission as a percentage of trade size (win or lose) as opposed to commission based on the initial stake. 

Keith Watford:

You are totally misunderstanding my point. I'm asking about commission based on trade size (win or lose) rather than initial stake. Put simply if I win or lose £100 I would pay a lot more than if I win or lose £1. Do you get it?

peternoble:
You are totally misunderstanding my point. I'm asking about commission based on trade size (win or lose) rather than initial stake. Put simply if I win or lose £100 I would pay a lot more than if I win or lose £1. Do you get it?

No, commissions are lot size based and not profit/loss based.

Recently some brokers introduced subscription based commissions, but even so they also charge spread, so you will end up with similar charges.

peternoble:

I didn't misunderstand, you didn't explain your point properly.

Keith Watford:

I didn't misunderstand, you didn't explain your point properly.

Ok - well it seems what I'm looking for doesn't exist so thanks everyone for your input.

Eleni Anna Branou:

No, commissions are lot size based and not profit/loss based.

Recently some brokers introduced subscription based commissions, but even so they also charge spread, so you will end up with similar charges.

Thank you, I'll check that out....
Reason: