MT4 1170 SL / TP misscalculation

Hello,

I use MT4 and realized I set SL to a certain price level of an asset, in real SL get's hit a lot earlier, since it does not seem to take into account that the trade already starts with a minus, guess is called spread.

Eample I sell BTC and set SL to asset price 5300 MT4 showing me a loss of 50€ which I accept.

In real when price moves against me, it closes th position as set at a minus of 50€ but asset price is still far from 5300.

There is a big gap there, any idea how to close that gap?

Try to change stoploss into pending order.

Buy no stoploss + sell stop
Sell no stoploss+ buy stop 

alden24: Try to change stoploss into pending order.

Buy no stoploss + sell stop
Sell no stoploss+ buy stop 
Since 2009, hedging is not permitted for US traders.
          NFA Enforces FIFO Rule, Bans Forex Hedging in US Forex Accounts - Trading Heroes
          FAQ: FIFO in the Forex Market - BabyPips.com

jon2snow: in real SL get's hit a lot earlier, since it does not seem to take into account that the trade already starts with a minus, guess is called spread.
You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
  • Your buy order's TP/SL are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask.
  • Your sell order's TP/SL will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3
  • The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools -> Options {control-O} -> charts -> Show ask line.)
Reason: