How do I drag & drop lots of pre-made orders in MT4? Can orders be pre-made for later use?

To add comments, please log in or register
oandauser0001
oandauser0001  

Hello,

I'm using Oanda for forex, but found that their own web platform forces me to write out every individual order for placement.

Just downloaded MT4 because I think it can help me with the following:

Basically, I trade by dropping hundreds of orders at a time across the 8 major pairs on the 1 HR and 4 HR time frame.

They are of different sizes (mostly nano lots), different stop losses, different take profits, and allow me to comply with FIFO regulations since I can trade 100 units, 101, 74, 129, etc., without worries.

Is there a way I can create a "favorites" list of order types/sizes for MT4 that I can drag and drop? For example, an order for one of each:

10 currency units, 10 pip stop + take profit

15 currency units, 15 pip stop + take profit

27 currency units, 15 pip drop + 30 pip take profit

101 currency units, 20 pip stop + take profit

1000 currency units, 10 pip stop + 30 pip take profit

Etc.

Basically, a smorgasbord of order types meant to do different things that I can just drop a few pips apart without having to write in stop losses, take-profits, and currency amounts each time.

Ideally, I would have a folder full of these, and can just throw down what I need without issue.

Right now, I'm literally spending hours every night just getting these orders out when I could just be dropping them from a pre-selected list.

Thank you!

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...
Beerrun
Beerrun  
While that is a workaround for FIFO regulations, the minimum order size on MT4 is 0.01 :((
To add comments, please log in or register