Dedicated Windows 10 using MT5 = Invulnerable to hacking?

How hard is it to break into someone's MT5 / do any sort of malicious activity from a third party onto someone using a dedicated win 10 with just mt5 installed in it? Its just me and the broker, no one else can hack into my MT5 password or in any way hack or spoof my mt5 activities = using linux wine version of mt5 is a waste of time in what being safe is concerned compared to dedicated win 10 with a fresh install and nothing else on it other than mt5?

How safe is MT5 with nothing else on the metal except win10 (not browsing internet ever on it , no nothing other than dedicated mt5 to broker)?

I would say it was the way around.

You can always monitor your connections and check the logs.

You can check running processes and check the task manager.

The only way to hack your system is windows 10.  auto update this system and secure it with antivirus and do not use browser on this machine.

nadiawicket:

How hard is it to break into someone's MT5 / do any sort of malicious activity from a third party onto someone using a dedicated win 10 with just mt5 installed in it? Its just me and the broker, no one else can hack into my MT5 password or in any way hack or spoof my mt5 activities = using linux wine version of mt5 is a waste of time in what being safe is concerned compared to dedicated win 10 with a fresh install and nothing else on it other than mt5?

How safe is MT5 with nothing else on the metal except win10 (not browsing internet ever on it , no nothing other than dedicated mt5 to broker)?

Safety of windows does not only depends on windows but also installed software's.

You can have all types of antivirus/update every second and still get hacked.

Just make sure, you trust what you installed and website you browse.
And do the best you can.

Nothing is safe online. But we can try

So nothing installed except mt5 should be relatiely hack-proof as long as I dont do anything else at all on the computer and install an anti virus as well to check connections.

You really think I need an Anti Virus if the only thing installed on the computer is MT5 and I never ever use anything else on it other than MT5? No internet at all no nothing, just MT5. Anti virus necessary?

No you are making a mistake.

You have to monitor yourself and check everything regularly.

Marco vd Heijden:

No you are making a mistake.

You have to monitor yourself and check everything regularly.

If theres nothing installed except mt5 (installed from an external hard drive in order to not have to browse the internet to download the mt5 at all in the new dedicated mt5 win10 ) after a win10 fresh install and I've never used the internet other than within mt5 to connect to broker; I can not even imagine a way that they be able to hack me at all.

You have any ideas as to how they'd gain access to my computer at all if Ive never used the internet outside of the mt5 platform like this? (I guess I'd also take the windows automatic software updates to be more exact but thats all Id do outside mt5 in this computer)

It's called zero day exploits.

Very naive of you to even think that you can be safe & connected at the same time. 

You can not stop hackers.

But why would they be interested in your MetaTrader ?

They are not.

Security is just a feeling, it does not exist outside of your mind.

Oh i have a fresh install so it must be safe...

It's nonsense you are fooling yourself so that you can be lazy and sit back in the assumption that you are safe.

But guess what.

Only those who keep control into their own hands will know.

nadiawicket:

If theres nothing installed except mt5 (installed from an external hard drive in order to not have to browse the internet to download the mt5 at all in the new dedicated mt5 win10 ) after a win10 fresh install and I've never used the internet other than within mt5 to connect to broker; I can not even imagine a way that they be able to hack me at all.

You have any ideas as to how they'd gain access to my computer at all if Ive never used the internet outside of the mt5 platform like this? (I guess I'd also take the windows automatic software updates to be more exact but thats all Id do outside mt5 in this computer)

I do not see why you should worry about getting hacked,

Unless you are someone target.

With only mt5/mt4 should be good for you to have a pace of mind (it will be safe )

Hakim Precious:

I do not see why you should worry about getting hacked,

Unless you are someone target.

With only mt5/mt4 should be good for you to have a pace of mind (it will be safe )

You think I even need an antivirus if its just mt5 to broker dedicated with no internet usage outside of mt5?

Marco vd Heijden:

It's called zero day exploits.

Very naive of you to even think that you can be safe & connected at the same time. 

You can not stop hackers.

But why would they be interested in your MetaTrader ?

They are not.

Security is just a feeling, it does not exist outside of your mind.

Oh i have a fresh install so it must be safe...

It's nonsense you are fooling yourself so that you can be lazy and sit back in the assumption that you are safe.

But guess what.

Only those who keep control into their own hands will know.

VPS companies give you a windows with mt5 preinstalled. 

Not using internet outside of mt5, you think they safe for example metaquotes vps?

Reason: