Change Parameters of Expert Advisor while backtesting

Hi,

I am the only one who get the parameters get reanitialized when I change them to proced to a backtest ?

Each time I change a parameter in the ''Placement'' tab, for example initial lot, and going for the backtest, it changes it automatically to the initial value.

It happens that I can't really modulate values and test for different strategies ... 

Is it normal ?

Best regards

Files:
backtest_mt5.jpg  136 kb

Each time I change a parameter in the ''Placement'' tab, for example initial lot, and going for the backtest, it changes it automatically to the initial value.

That doesn't happen to me. Each time I change a parameter in the "Inputs" tab, that value is retained. (Apparently "Inputs" is "Placement" in English.)

These values are stored in a .set file in the following directory:

\MQL5\Profiles\Tester\

Perhaps your directory is set to Read-Only (through the Windows file system), which means MT5 cannot write the values to the appropriate .set file.

Lerooy:

Hi,

I am the only one who get the parameters get reanitialized when I change them to proced to a backtest ?

It happens that I can't really modulate values and test for different strategies ... 

Is it normal ?

Best regards

Maybe you've meant "Optimization".

There are three (in your case two) kind of input parameters.

The first is "extern" that allows changing its value in the code and also allows changing its value at the optimization.

The second is "input" that doesn't allow changing its value in the code but allows changing its value at the optimization.

The third is "sinput" that doesn't allow changing its value in the code neither at the optimization.

It seems your parameters for SL, TP and BE are "input" or "extern" and the other parameters are "sinput".

Lerooy:

Hi,

Is it normal ?

Best regards

Hi Lerooy,

Go to your MetaEditor menu >> Tools >> Options >> Debug Tab, then uncheck the first checkbox that enables this feature.

Regards,

Gill

Guilherme Santos:

Hi Lerooy,

Go to your MetaEditor menu >> Tools >> Options >> Debug Tab, then uncheck the first checkbox that enables this feature.

Regards,

Gill

you're saying "Inlining profile"? Me to have problem when change input (non sinput ofcourse) paramenters...

Petr Nosek:

Maybe you've meant "Optimization".

There are three (in your case two) kind of input parameters.

The first is "extern" that allows changing its value in the code and also allows changing its value at the optimization.

The second is "input" that doesn't allow changing its value in the code but allows changing its value at the optimization.

The third is "sinput" that doesn't allow changing its value in the code neither at the optimization.

It seems your parameters for SL, TP and BE are "input" or "extern" and the other parameters are "sinput".

Good explication but I have this problem also with input :-(

Reason: