If we get a job in Freelance, Do we need to give the source code to the customer ?

If we get a job in Freelance, Do we need to give the source code to the customer ?

I mean, I wrote a lot of libraries. Does this mean that I have to provide the library to the customer?

Usually.

Yu Zhang:

I think that it is expected.

If for any reason you do not want to give the source code, I think that you should at least warn them before you accept the project.

Yu Zhang:

I mean, I wrote a lot of libraries. Does this mean that I have to provide the library to the customer?

It's up to you to provide source code or not. But this should be very clear in the right beginning and agreed for both parts (client/developer) before starting any development or deal.

Best regards,

Romeu Bertho.

Yu Zhang:

In the past, when I did a lot of freelance (non-MQL) work, I too had "common" libraries. I chose to license these libraries as GPL, and I explained to the client that they would own, receive, and license any code I wrote for them specifically, but the common libraries were open source under the GPL.

I never had a client complain about this. 

As was stated by others in this thread: you need to communicate all of these things ahead of time. Full transparency makes for a better business arrangement.

Reason: