preventing autosaving of a profile in MT5

If i apply an indicator to a chart then save this setup as a Profile in MT5, lets call it 'Profile1' for this example, when I load a different profile i can easily get back to the 'Profile1' setup by reloading the profile. If however i make a change to 'Profile1' by removing the indicator then move to a different profile without resaving over the top of 'Profile1', is there a way to force it to only ever reload the one that i originally saved that has the indicator still attached? Currently, moving to a different profile autosaves 'Profile1' as a new profile without the indicator attached, which i don't want.

Mark Lewis:

If i apply an indicator to a chart then save this setup as a Profile in MT5, lets call it 'Profile1' for this example, when I load a different profile i can easily get back to the 'Profile1' setup by reloading the profile. If however i make a change to 'Profile1' by removing the indicator then move to a different profile without resaving over the top of 'Profile1', is there a way to force it to only ever reload the one that i originally saved that has the indicator still attached? Currently, moving to a different profile autosaves 'Profile1' as a new profile without the indicator attached, which i don't want.

You can change the contents of:

\MQL5\Profiles\Charts\<profile>\*.*

to read-only through Windows (outside MT5).

Then you won't overwrite the profile.

yep that works :-) thanks!
Reason: