How do I provide my EA's dependency files, that it needs in order to work, if the MarketPlace only allows the ex4 file to be sold??

Hello

I am a Seller and am wishing to sell my EA. I have passed the Seller requirements and am ready to sell the EA but my EA needs a couple of Indicators that it references and needs in order to work but I cannot see a way to supply my EA along with its required dependency files because the MarketPlace Seller section only appears to allow a Seller to sell the single EA ex4 file on its own!?

My EA has an installer that installs the EA into the correct MT4 foldfer along with it's dependency files (indicators) and the templates that I supply with it and which load the correct settings for the EA to run correctly; how can I sell all this if I am only allowed to sell the individual EA ex4 file alone!?.

Am I wrong?

Can anyone advise how I can let buyers/users download my EA Installer which installs the dependency files along with the templates and the EA itself?

Thank you very much for any help or advice.

Regards

Greg

Add as a resource.

And if you mean includes .mqh those are only needed when you compile the ex4/5

Marco vd Heijden:

Add as a resource.

And if you mean includes .mqh those are only needed when you compile the ex4/5

Hi thanks for your reply.

No I don't mean the mql file, I mean the two indicators that my EA references and the several tpl template files that I supply to users along with my EA so that they can load my EA and all the correct settings.

I actually have an EXE installer that my users download and run and the installer installs all the required files as well as the EA obviously and all into the correct folders.....\indicators...and...\experts....and....\templates....

Thanks

Regards

Greg

Add as a resource.

And you can check to see if the file exists, and if not create it.

Marco vd Heijden:

Add as a resource.

And you can check to see if the file exists, and if not create it.

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'check to see if the file exists'? What file are you talking about? Check where? Create what? I don't need to create a file(s), I have all the several dependency files already built into the single file installer exe file.

Maybe i missundderstand what you mean.

Thanks for replying and providing help.

Best regards

Greg

You can not upload exe to market.

You can have your EX4/5 check to see whether another file exists yes or no

bool  FileIsExist()

And if not create that file,

FileSave()

In other cases you can add things as a resource https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/resources

Please read the documentation.

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
  • www.mql5.com
//| Calls standard OrderSend() and plays a sound                     | The example shows how to play sounds from files 'Ok.wav' and 'timeout.wav', which are included into the standard terminal package. These files are located in the folder is a folder, from which the MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal is started. The location of the terminal...

Marco vd Heijden:

You can not upload exe to market.

You can have your EX4/5 check to see whether another file exists yes or no

And if not create that file,

In other cases you can add things as a resource https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/resources

Please read the documentation.

Thank you for your help.

Reason: