What is the point of Copy for ** USD button in the MT4 signals, when it downloads MT5 installer? - page 3

Marco vd Heijden:

The Javascript probably defaults to MQL5.com.

Eleni maybe you use something like UBlock or another ad blocker so you can see if it open xdg-open on chrome.

I don't use something like that, but maybe I've declined a permission at some point in the past and I don't remember.

Eleni Anna Branou: I don't use something like that, but maybe I've declined a permission at some point in the past and I don't remember.

I think the differences with how people are getting different webpages being presented is because some users have installed MetaTrader 4 via an installer while others are using purely "portable" mode setups.

When I try this on a PC that has at least one normal installation of MT4 (even if there are other "portable" instances of either MT4 or MT5), then it acts like @Alain Verleyen described.

But when I try it on a PC with only "portable" mode setups (that have never had a normal installation), then I get what @Eleni Anna Branou described.

Fernando Carreiro:

I think the differences with how people are getting different webpages being presented is because some users have installed MetaTrader 4 via an installer while others are using purely "portable" mode setups.

When I try this on a PC that has at least one normal installation of MT4 (even if there are other "portable" instances of either MT4 or MT5), then it acts like @Alain Verleyen described.

But when I try it on a PC with only "portable" mode setups (that have never had a normal installation), then I get what @Eleni Anna Branou described.

I see Fernando, I have 4 different MT4 instances from various brokers, normally installed, I've not installed portable versions.

Eleni Anna Branou:I see Fernando, I have 4 different MT4 instances from various brokers, normally installed, I've not installed portable versions.

OK! Then there must be other things that the website is doing that for some reason it does not see your MT4 installations!

But then again, MetaQuotes products are so unpredictable and buggy that one cannot really expect anything else from the website either.

Fernando Carreiro:

OK! Then there must be other things that the website is doing that for some reason it does not see your MT4 installations!

But then again, MetaQuotes products are so unpredictable and buggy that one cannot really expect anything else from the website either.

That's is so sad though.

We are talking about the No1 retail trading software company worldwide.

Eleni Anna Branou: That's is so sad though. We are talking about the No1 retail trading software company worldwide.

There is growing competition, even though it is still small. And most of the people I have talked to about their reasons why they are moving to other platforms (myself included) is due to the growing concerns of MetaQuotes attitude, lack of proper user support and growing lack of quality (bugs and inconsistencies).

Reason: