Indicators: Ehlers Fisher transform (original)

Ehlers Fisher transform (original):

Ehlers Fisher transform (as originally described in the book)

Ehlers Fisher transform (original)

Author: Mladen Rakic

@Mladen Rakic 

hello, thanks for the coding but your formula is wrong.

Yasir Kidil:

@Mladen Rakic 

hello, thanks for the coding but your formula is wrong.

Coming from a "coder" that does not know what this part of code means (as asked here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/284437#comment_10322009)

val[i]  = (i>0) ? 0.5*MathLog((1.0+work[i])/(1.0-work[i]))+0.5*val[i-1] : 0;      
         valc[i] = (i>0) ? (val[i]>val[i-1]) ? 1 : (val[i]<val[i-1]) ? 2 : 0 : 0;

that is a funny statement. Please take your time, learn to code, and, by all means, use forum topics not code base for statements (like your bold statement) that have nothing in common with the code base at all

Happy trading

Indicators: Ehlers Fisher transform
Indicators: Ehlers Fisher transform
  • www.mql5.com
Articles, Library comments: Indicators: Ehlers Fisher transform

Mladen Rakic:

Coming from a "coder" that does not know what this part of code means (as asked here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/284437#comment_10322009)

that is a funny statement. Please take your time, learn to code, and, by all means, use forum topics not code base for statements (like your bold statement) that have nothing in common with the code base at all

Happy trading

The fact that I don't know those signs doesn't change the result. John Ehler shared the formula of Fisher Transform in a magazine in November 2002. The formula you use is not the same formula as at the magazine. What source did you use? Forums or blogs? Just calm down, I just showed you your mistake.

All that you need to know about Ehlers fisher transform in the attached document (written by John Ehlers), including the theory, the easy language original code and the usual discussion made by John Ehlers. And, as I have explained in the code base entry, I have used the formula used in the book, not in the documents published later, but, due to commercial nature of the book, I can not attach the book here

PS: now I rest regarding this "issue" - please read my previous post regarding all the rest

This indi gives amazing results, does it repaint? I have heard that a lot of Fisher indies repaint...

Calle2205:
This indi gives amazing results, does it repaint? I have heard that a lot of Fisher indies repaint...

We are well known here for posting repainting stuff here at the code base ... you know, all the usual reasons : pretending to know what repainting is and similar

PS: why don't try it out and then tell all those that tell that a lot of Fisher indies repaint what you have found out (including us since I might have missed the part that needs to be done in order to make it repaint 😊 I shall probably have to ask those expert how exactly to make a repainting version and post it in code base)

Reason: