different results between backtesting and trading

Dear community

I was quite lucky after backtesting of my EA, but after 2 days of real trading it went wrong whereas the backtesting got other results.

So nearly same trades were done in backtesting and real trades but most of the real trades went in stop loss. I used different pings but same results. 

How is it possible that the EA in real trading gets other results than 1 day later in backtesting?

Thank you.

Who told you that they should be the same ?

Marco vd Heijden:
Who told you that they should be the same ?
Alaaaaarmmm...lol

Alain Verleyen:
Alaaaaarmmm...lol

Okay okay but it's so obvious !

Marco vd Heijden:

Okay okay but it's so obvious !

Actually it's not. It all depends of the strategy. If the strategy is appropriate and you know what you are doing, it's possible to get matching results.

Tenno Forcystus:

Dear community

I was quite lucky after backtesting of my EA, but after 2 days of real trading it went wrong whereas the backtesting got other results.

So nearly same trades were done in backtesting and real trades but most of the real trades went in stop loss. I used different pings but same results. 

How is it possible that the EA in real trading gets other results than 1 day later in backtesting?

Thank you.

It's more easy to get different results than similar. It all depends of what you are doing.

Alain Verleyen:
Actually it's not. It all depends of the strategy. If the strategy is appropriate and you know what you are doing, it's possible to get matching results.

Rare occasions are always a possibility...

Or maybe it just means, that very few people know what they are doing :) 

Marco vd Heijden:

Rare occasions are always a possibility...

Or maybe it just means, that very few people know what they are doing :) 

Well, I will not argue about what is rare...

What I meant is if you trade live some days, then do a backtest on the same period, it should not be rare that you got similar results (depending of the strategy).

Reason: