Does the implementation of multi EA trading as a trading strategy work?

I have come across 2 apps of software programs that can generate 100's of different EA's. You then take the best performing EA's and use them to trade. As the stats come in you remove the non-performing EA's and replace them with new EA's you created with the software.

In theory, I simply need to make sure I only use performing EA's and remove non-performing EA's.

The software is about $1400.00. So it is not cheap.

Does any person have experience that this trading strategy works?

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster and a loss of $1400 to start with.

Winning strategy's are not generated, they are designed.

colinbrazendale:

I have come across 2 apps of software programs that can generate 100's of different EA's. You then take the best performing EA's and use them to trade. As the stats come in you remove the non-performing EA's and replace them with new EA's you created with the software.

In theory, I simply need to make sure I only use performing EA's and remove non-performing EA's.

The software is about $1400.00. So it is not cheap.

Does any person have experience that this trading strategy works?

Thank you for your help.

If you use a software to generate trading strategies by brute force you will obtain hundreds or thousand results. Then the real work begins by testing and filtering until you get a hadnful of robust and reliable strategies.

I know several algotraders sucessfully operating portfolios of trading strategies created this way. It took them some years to reach profitability by this way.

Reason: