Ubuntu MT5: Restart VPS hangs the EA initialisation

Guys, 

I have this problem on Ubuntu with Wine.

I have an EA that is loaded with dll, and a cron job that will detect absence of MT5 in the processes and restart the MT5 when it is not running.

To simulate this problem, you just need to restart the VPS while the EA is still running to simulate power outage.

On rebooting, you will find that the EA started by cron job is stuck at the initialisation phase. Nothing seems to be running, with no logs printed to the console.

You can continue trying to troubleshoot the problem but it will not be solved.

And on the next day, miraculously, your EA runs with no problem without you having to do anything.

This issue is also sometimes seen in MT4 with just the EA and without dll. Have to keep restarting MT4 using a script until it is working.

I believe the problem is due to some file handle locks or something that are not deleted properly, and the VPS seems to clear some things in the background to allow the EA to work again.

Is there a quick fix to this problem so that after reboot, I can write a script to clear the locks to allow the EA to run smoothly?

Need help on this, as it is actually a show stopper. 

Thanks

Zee Zhou Ma:

Guys, 

I have this problem on Ubuntu with Wine.

I have an EA that is loaded with dll, and a cron job that will detect absence of MT5 in the processes and restart the MT5 when it is not running.

To simulate this problem, you just need to restart the VPS while the EA is still running to simulate power outage.

On rebooting, you will find that the EA started by cron job is stuck at the initialisation phase. Nothing seems to be running, with no logs printed to the console.

You can continue trying to troubleshoot the problem but it will not be solved.

And on the next day, miraculously, your EA runs with no problem without you having to do anything.

This issue is also sometimes seen in MT4 with just the EA and without dll. Have to keep restarting MT4 using a script until it is working.

I believe the problem is due to some file handle locks or something that are not deleted properly, and the VPS seems to clear some things in the background to allow the EA to work again.

Is there a quick fix to this problem so that after reboot, I can write a script to clear the locks to allow the EA to run smoothly?

Need help on this, as it is actually a show stopper. 

Thanks

Before anything, How are you running Ubuntu?

R... H:

Before anything, How are you running Ubuntu?

What do you mean? It is run automatically when the vps started up remotely.

Reason: