In regards to CPU speed... for CPU upgrade; backtesting speed....

What is more important in strategy tester for speed of backtesting in visual mode.. Single Threading Rating or  CPU Mark?

this is not a critical question, but in a way it is because it helps determine the type of CPU I use backtesting..

I appreciate any kind of answer and if it goes unanswered it's okay but if anyone knows it would be great because it would

help tweak the backtesting process which takes considerable time because I use many years of historical data to do my backtesting..

Thank you good friends.. You are the best!

Here are the definitions in regards to the question:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_test_info.html

These are the ratings for a CPU I'm considering for mobile computing because I can get a deal on it.. 

-https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-2760QM+%40+2.40GHz&id=884

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - Single Thread Performance
  • www.cpubenchmark.net
This chart comparing the single thread performance of CPUs is made using thousands of PerformanceTest benchmark results and is updated daily. This chart compares Desktop CPUs, from high...

MetTram:

What is more important in strategy tester for speed of backtesting in visual mode.. Single Threading Rating or  CPU Mark?

It varies from "depends totally on the single thread rating" to "this means practically nothing"!

In Mt4 one terminal runs the strategy tester in one single thread (but you can install Mt4 several times and run the parallel each on one kernel).

MT5 can spread the optimization nearly totally on the cloud so that the performance is determined by the power of the cpu in the cloud - this is the fastest way even though it costs a little of you money.

But you can install MetaTester and offer your cpu power for the cloud (see here) and earn a little bit of money ~50$ - 100$ a year depending on you cpu power and you can use this only locally as well.

MQL5 Cloud Network - MetaTrader 5 Help
MQL5 Cloud Network - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The MQL5 Cloud Network allows organizing the exchange of computing resources between those who need them, and those who can provide idle CPU time of their computers. Using the Network If you need the processing power of the MQL5 Cloud Network, you can access it from the trading platform. Open the Strategy Tester window, which displays both...

Or you can just skip it.

Completely.

Marco vd Heijden:

Or you can just skip it.

Completely.

Always the useless answers.

Wont MT5 use multiple cores by default ? 

Lorentzos Roussos:
Wont MT5 use multiple cores by default ? 
Not for a backtest.

Alain Verleyen:
Always the useless answers.

It's not useless at all.

Many people waste years of time on useless backtests

They somehow believe that if it's profitable on the tester, it will also be profitable on a live market feed.

Alain Verleyen:
Not for a backtest.

I assume only for live charts , i.e : if i plug a custom backtester to run on a live chart it will use all the available horse power if need be.

Lorentzos Roussos:

I assume only for live charts , i.e : if i plug a custom backtester to run on a live chart it will use all the available horse power if need be.

The topic is about the Strategy Tester.

Anyway that's wrong, a live chart use only 1 thread.

Reason: