Is MQL compiled or interpreted? - page 8

Mladen Rakic:

32 bit terminal- same tests (just 5000 bars but that is enough already)

The only conclusion is that it (the 32 bit version of terminal) is treated as a kind of a "bastard"

Not really a surprise. Who wants to use a 32 bit version nowadays ;-)

Alain Verleyen:
Not really a surprise. Who wants to use a 32 bit version nowadays ;-)

;(

Oh well ... time to migrate (again :))

Mladen Rakic:

;(

Oh well ... time to migrate (again :))

And the first 128 bit computer already exists :-D

Alain Verleyen:
And the first 128 bit computer already exists :-D

:)

Waiting the bill for electricity now :)

Alain Verleyen:

Still the compiler produces native code. They are even preparing their compiler to compile C++ code in a future version.

A computer program is usually written in high level language described as a source code. The difference between an interpreter and compiler is the point at which a source code is actually executed. This means that when convert source code into machine code , we use either a compiler or an interpreter. So generally categorizing computer languages by "compiled" or "interpreted" doesn't make much sense. Now a days, interpreting Vs. compiling is a trade-off, with time spent compiling often being rewarded by better runtime performance , but an interpretative environment giving more opportunities for interaction .

I think MQL programs are processed to some arbitrary code format, like the LLVM IR or an Object file, then encrypted for distribution. During execution, the code is decrypted in memory, then executed on a virtual machine. I'm not sure of what I'm saying, but I know I'm close.
Reason: