Any indicator to know the slippage without actually putting a trade

To add comments, please log in or register
Zee Zhou Ma
Zee Zhou Ma  

As above. Anyone has any idea or free tools which can be used to determine that? 

I require it specifically for the MT5 market.

Thanks

Keith Watford
Keith Watford  
Zee Zhou Ma:

As above. Anyone has any idea or free tools which can be used to determine that? 

Thanks

There is no way that can be determined as slippage can only happen between sending the trade and it being processed.

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz
Ahmet Metin Yilmaz  

I think its about your broker's execution speed

so you wouldnt know before its execute.

avoid this you can use vpn , it is faster than your network

Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales  
Zee Zhou Ma:

Thanks

An order of 0.01 lots can be instant. However, an order of 5 lots might suffer from slippage. Variables that I think affect slippage: latency to the server, lots, current liquidity, upcoming high impact news

Zee Zhou Ma
Zee Zhou Ma  
Fernando Morales:

An order of 0.01 lots can be instant. However, an order of 5 lots might suffer from slippage. Variables that I think affect slippage: latency to the server, lots, current liquidity, upcoming high impact news

I have a scalping strategy that works on demo but not on live. I believe I may have to drop scalping in favour of more long term strategies.

Amir Yacoby
Amir Yacoby  
Zee Zhou Ma:

I have a scalping strategy that works on demo but not on live. I believe I may have to drop scalping in favour of more long term strategies.

ECN broker?

Dua Yong Rew
Dua Yong Rew  
Zee Zhou Ma:

Scalping is broker sensitive

Some broker may even ban your account if you scalp denying your withdrawal

To add comments, please log in or register