MT4 History

Hey, guys, what's the difference between ...\tester\history and ...\history\BROKER?

I ask this because the archives located in ...\tester\history have more than 200GB!

Iury Mendes Da Silva: Hey, guys, what's the difference between ...\tester\history and ...\history\BROKER? I ask this because the archives located in ...\tester\history have more than 200GB!

The HST files in the "\history\BROKER" folder are OHLC bar data downloaded from the broker and usually you should leave those files alone.

The FXT files in the "\tester\history" folder are generated by MetaTrader for the Strategy Tester, one FXT file per Symbol and per Time-frame. Those are usually large files and you can routinely delete them as part of a clean-up task, because they will be-regenerated when needed when you run run future back-tests.

PS! I am also assuming that you don't use any 3rd party tools that generate FXT files externally, like TickStory or Tick Data Suite.

Fernando Carreiro :

The HST files in the "\ history \ BROKER" folder are OHLC bar data downloaded from the broker and usually you should leave those files alone.

The FXT files in the "\ tester \ history" folder are generated by MetaTrader for the Tester Strategy , one FXT file per Symbol and per Time-frame. Those are usually large files and you can routinely delete them as part of a clean-up task, because they will be regenerated when needed when you run the future back-tests.

PS! I am also assuming that you do not use any 3rd party tools that generate FXT files externally, like TickStory or Tick ​​Data Suite .

Many thanks for the answer, Fernando!

Reason: