What function does not work in Strategy tester?

I have seen that Timer functions does not work in the MT5 Strategy Tester. I want to know whether what all function does not work in the MT 5 Strategy Tester.

jaffer wilson: I have seen that Timer functions does not work in the MT5 Strategy Tester. I want to know whether what all function does not work in the MT 5 Strategy Tester.

Since when does the Timer event not work in the Strategy Tester? That is an incorrect statement, so please read the documentation "The OnTimer() Function in the Strategy Tester ".

As for the limitations of the Testing Environment, it is also in the documentation in the section "Function Limitations in the Strategy Tester".

Better still, read all the sections on the Testing environment so you know what other things to look out for.

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Testing Trading Strategies
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Testing Trading Strategies
  • www.mql5.com
The idea of automated trading is appealing by the fact that the trading robot can work non-stop for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The robot does not get tired, doubtful or scared, it's is totally free from any psychological problems. It is sufficient enough to clearly formalize the trading rules and implement them in the algorithms, and...

Also MarketBook events do not work in the tester.

Fernando Carreiro:

Since when does the Timer event not work in the Strategy Tester? That is an incorrect statement, so please read the documentation "The OnTimer() Function in the Strategy Tester ".

As for the limitations of the Testing Environment, it is also in the documentation in the section "Function Limitations in the Strategy Tester".

Better still, read all the sections on the Testing environment so you know what our things to look out for.

Thank you sir I will read for sure.

Reason: