MT5 Strategy Tester says 100% History Quality means results are GOOD? - page 2

Ashok Nale:

Why do you think there can not be some profit(not exactly same) when run on demo account (assumption here is same data as it was used in ST)? Since it is demo account assume that there would not be any slippage or any other delay in execution. In such scenario, I think the results on ST will correlate with demo account run on identical data. I know in MT4 it was not the case particularly if EA is working on Tick movement in such cases MT4 ST will show huge profit but when it is run on other testers like TDS where history data quality is 99.9% it will show huge losses. Now that in MT5 History data quality is 100% and the test result show profit then it would show similar (not exactly the same) results on demo forward testing run on exactly same data. The problem with MT4 ST is its Tick movement is not modeled correctly and thus ends up in History data quality to 25%. But I think in MT5 this problem is fixed and that is the reason it shows history data quality 100%. What is your thoughts on this?

Okay so what do you want to hear exactly?

Yes it will be the same.

Done.

Ashok Nale:

I agree with you up to certain extent but I have already used commercially available tester with 99.9% data quality showing profitable results for an EA (in MQL4) and when that EA is run on Demo it shows the profit similar(not exactly the same) to what is seen on tester. This prompted me to ask question about MT5 ST since it claims that history data quality is 100% I was curious to know if profit results obtained on MT5 ST are valid just as they are for commercially available tester.

I can't comment on the commercial tester because if have no experience with it.

Why not put it to the test yourself. Run EA on demo for a while or if you have already done so, check if MT5 ST shows results similar to demo results during same timeframe. 

Marco vd Heijden:

Okay so what do you want to hear exactly?

Yes it will be the same.

Done.

Nope. Why would I want your dishonest opinion?

All I wanted to know if anyone has any experience on MT5 ST and if they can to share with me.

In MT4 they have crappy ST and that is may be because available history data quality is poor and that is the reason one has to buy commercial tester to test EAs.

I started using MT5 recently and when I saw ST data quality 100% then I got curious and wanted to know more about it and if it indeed is valid what is shown then I don't have spend money on commercial tester for MT5 EAs.  That was the motivation for initiating this thread. Don't you think that is valid reason? Why would you think that I want you to say something which is not correct?

Enrique Dangeroux:

I can't comment on the commercial tester because if have no experience with it.

Why not put it to the test yourself. Run EA on demo for a while or if you have already done so, check if MT5 ST shows results similar to demo results during same timeframe. 

Thanks! that is quite logical thing to do. I appreciate your suggestion and I am going to do that.

Ashok Nale:

Thanks! that is quite logical thing to do. I appreciate your suggestion and I am going to do that.

Normally i charge people for stating the obvious, but this one is on me. 

Let us know the results.

Good luck!

Ashok Nale:

Nope. Why would I want your dishonest opinion?

All I wanted to know if anyone has any experience on MT5 ST and if they can to share with me.

In MT4 they have crappy ST and that is may be because available history data quality is poor and that is the reason one has to buy commercial tester to test EAs.

I started using MT5 recently and when I saw ST data quality 100% then I got curious and wanted to know more about it and if it indeed is valid what is shown then I don't have spend money on commercial tester for MT5 EAs.  That was the motivation for initiating this thread. Don't you think that is valid reason? Why would you think that I want you to say something which is not correct?

There is a certain breed of people that only respond heavily to what they want to hear.

They will just continue to ask (the same) questions until someone whispers in their ears, the magical words, of what they want to hear.

I believe they are trying to strengthen their believe system.

Before they ask the question, they already know the answers, they are just looking for confirmations.

Now when someone tells them something that differs from what they want to hear, they freak out.

This can't be !, why is that person saying something else then what i believe to be true ?

I'm going to ask it again and again.

Again,

Data quality means every tick, not every Dollar of profit.

As the name suggests 'Strategy Tester' it is a tester it's used for testing, not for predictions, that is not possible.

Now if you think that you have to spend money on a commercial tester for MT5 EA's then i am telling you upfront that will be your first loss.

That is working backwards, spending cash, while you should be making it.

And all these tests you are planning to run, also a waste of time, and time is money... more losss 

Are you here to trade, or to test ?

We should open up a new topic called 'Testers" not for traders but for testers so that they all can share their bactest graph :-)

Reason: