a great profitable strategy but needs work

hello everyone that reads this. i must apologize about my bad English, as it is not my first language.

I was looking at a chart with a zigzag indicator and I looked at the W and M patters and there is a very profitable strategy using them if you use it right. I will try show you my strategy.

trade example

if you look at the zigzag it makes a clear W shape(in the center of the image)

so lets imagine the first two lines look confirmed and the price has dropped below the end of the first leg of the W you put a pending order on the middle leg of the W so the retracement of the first leg then once the third line is confirmed the trade is placed with a take profit of half the length in pips as the first leg

i'm sorry if this doesn't explain it much, this is for a buy call and the sell is exactly the opposite.

but please remember for a W the second drop(the third leg) must be lower than the first leg and the same goes for a M shape but the third leg must be higher than the first.

stop loss is the full length of the first leg

please ask questions as i wrote this very fast because i don't have much time but i will respond to questions if asked.

please try build this strategy to perfect it more. it would help us all out

i have found it works best on the 15minute timeframe(for more frequent trades) and it works on all major pairs

Yes the WORM ZigZag Technique.

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes the WORM ZigZag Technique.

do you know if its even possible to make an EA off this? or is there already one?

There are hundreds, if not thousands.

https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=zigzag&module=mql5_module_codebase

Try the search function..

No need to re-invent the wheel...
Search - MQL5.community
Search - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Searching is based on morphology and is insensitive to case. All letters, no matter of their case, will be processed as lowercase. By default, our search engine shows pages, that...

Marco vd Heijden:

There are hundreds, if not thousands.

https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=zigzag&module=mql5_module_codebase

Try the search function..

No need to re-invent the wheel...
maybe i haven't looked hard enough but i haven't been able to find anything like this as an ea

So you looked through 19 pages already...

Fast.

The idea is to use any of those and adapt them to your personal needs.

Reason: