Single EA trading multiple pairs and covering losses with profits from other pairs

Hello,

I am trying to solve this puzzle: how to test EA on several pairs same time?

EA opens orders on each pair standalone, checks profit/loss every second, finds most negative order on certain pair and closes it with profits from other pairs.

No platform, MT4 orMT5, covers single EA working on multiple pairs same time using global variables to exchange data between same EA attached to each pair.

Partial solution can be found  here ( www.mql5.com/en/articles/1493 ) but it is for certain hedge EA only

For the time being I have to test it in real time but that is too slow to get results for critical times in history

Any ideas?

Files:
Muticurency_EA.png  1580 kb

The strategy tester of MT4 cannot access the information of other symbols. The only way is using a demo account with real market data or using another trading software

Fernando Morales:
The strategy tester of MT4 cannot access the information of other symbols. The only way is using a demo account with real market data or using another trading software

Thanks....which SW does that? Any clue?

Pit

I do have the same question. is there anny EA that can do this?

Fernando Morales #: The strategy tester of MT4 cannot access the information of other symbols.

Yes it can. The tester can not trade other symbols.

Make sure you have other charts open so the tester can have history.

nibe78 #:
I do have the same question. is there anny EA that can do this?

In both MT4 and MT5 you can create an EA that reads and trades multiple symbols. However, only in MT5 you can also backtest a multi-symbol EA.

Just select a random symbol (for example EURUSD which has many ticks) and backtest the EA. You will see that MT5 will automatically detect what other symbols your EA is using and automatically downloads the historical data for that. Note however, that MT5 draws all trades on the chart of the symbol you selected. So you will see trades "floating in the air" that are actually for other symbols. Nonetheless, the simulated orders and deals are all correct.

Reason: