where to use FREEZELEVEL & STOPLEVEL?

Hi friends

I read the documentation about StopLevel and FreezeLevel, but for being confident about where to check StopLevel and FreezeLevel I decided to ask it from experts. I want to know whether I should use both -StopLevel and FreezeLevel- for all the following trade operations:

• OrderSend
  • OrderModify
  • OrderClose
  • OrderDelete
Thanking in advance for your kind guidance

parham.trader:

Hi friends

I read the documentation about StopLevel and FreezeLevel, but for being confident about where to check StopLevel and FreezeLevel I decided to ask it from experts. I want to know whether I should use both -StopLevel and FreezeLevel- for all the following trade operations:

• OrderSend
  • OrderModify
  • OrderClose
  • OrderDelete

I normally use StopLevel only, on below;

• OrderSend (for pending orders only)
  • OrderModify (for all modify operation, modify pending orders open price, modify order SL, modify order TP etc..)
  • OrderClose (not needed)
  • OrderDelete (not needed)

You need stop level for all four.

1. I never understood freeze level, and now stop level can be zero (ECN) so I use max F*point,S*point,3*pips
  2. You can't move stops (or pending prices) closer to the market than the minimum (MODE_STOPLEVEL * _Point.)
              Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades - Appendixes - MQL4 Tutorial
  3. You can't delete pending orders when the market is closer to price than stop level.
  4. You can't close open orders when the market is closer to TP/SL than stop level.

whroeder1:

1. I never understood freeze level, and now stop level can be zero (ECN) so I use max F*point,S*point,3*pips
  2. You can't move stops (or pending prices) closer to the market than the minimum (MODE_STOPLEVEL * _Point.)
  3. You can't delete pending orders when the market is closer to price than stop level.
  4. You can't close open orders when the market is closer to TP/SL than stop level.

okay. updating my library. thank you.

whroeder1:

So I think the best approach would be checking both  -StopLevel and FreezeLevel- for all four above-mentioned trade operations.

I'm writing 2 different functions to check stoplevel and freezelevel separately before making any trade operation.

thank you so much for your kind guidance,

parham.trader:

Hi friends

• OrderSend
  • OrderModify
  • OrderClose
  • OrderDelete

If you are deleting a pending order, only freezelevel applies from the open price of the pending order.
Reason: