Experts: 10 points on EURUSD & GBPUSD - page 4

jmanutes:

I have been playing with this code for several days. I have a couple of questions/observations:

1. Has anyone run this one year at at time? It seems to me that the most recent years seem to drop off in profit/successful trades pretty significantly.

2. Has anyone tried this strategy with trailing stops instead of take profits? I re-wrote this into my own code, and it seems pretty darn successful. I don't know what the rules are on copying someone's code and modifying it a bit, so I don't want to post it here yet.

Just some thoughts. This whole strategy seems too easy!

fgiovanardi:

I constantly get this error: Cannot set OP_SELLSTOP

The price is not satisfied to the market entry condition.

What shall I do? Please HELP!!!

The code needs to be modified- the stoploss should be subtracted from the "L" (low of the previous day). It's an invalid stop loss level.

Hello,

How can i insert this strategy in to MetaTrader 5. Thank you

Hello

Carrefull, this Strategie is an Moneykiller, in backtesteting with modllingquality of 90 %

From statistical point of view, the idea is relevant and seems to be promising. I'm going to explore this idea by running some statistical analysis on the available data for EUR/USD.

Thanks for sharing this code
I found it very useful and profitable
Regards

This EA works without errors on my MT4 build 950.
Backtesting with 99.90% modeling quality on EURUSD daily time frame it (almost constantly) loses money in the period 2015.10.01 - 2016.04.30. Not profitable.

Reason: