Indicators: Bollinger Bandwidth 2

Bollinger Bandwidth 2:

This tool combines the original Bands with Bollinger Bandwidth and removes the extra window for Bollinger Bandwidth. Instead Bandwidth is now a value in the comment in the top left corner. This makes more efficient use of the chart space and still allow

Author: Larry

Hi LEHayes,

is it possible to create a similiar indikator, but instaed of showing the bands themselves, showing the BBW as an indicator in an extra window only with the measure of the space.

Nick

nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

is it possible to create a similiar indikator, but instaed of showing the bands themselves, showing the BBW as an indicator in an extra window only with the measure of the space.

Nick

Sure I can do that, but that is a lot of wasted resoureces for a small string of text. I'll update this link when I get it done.

nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

Nick, it is actually very easy for you to do. First open a chart window you are not going to use. It should be on the same currency you are going to trade on. Then right click the chart and select properties. On the colors tab, set all colors to none. One the common tab, remove all check marks from all check boxes. Now resize the window to the size you want.

nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

I forgot, also, edit the indicator settings and change the color of the lines to none.

Hi LEHayes,

txs for you comments but I afraid that my description was a little wrong. Maybe I'll start again.

My intention is to see the movement of the differnce between the upper and lower band only in an extra window (like an ADX or ATR etc). The intention is to see the trend of the results.

Nick

nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

txs for you comments but I afraid that my description was a little wrong. Maybe I'll start again.

My intention is to see the movement of the differnce between the upper and lower band only in an extra window (like an ADX or ATR etc). The intention is to see the trend of the results.

Nick

So, what you are looking for is a sin wave indicating the bandwidth gap. I will see what I can do.

LEHayes:
nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

So, what you are looking for is a sin wave indicating the bandwidth gap. I will see what I can do.

That's right. :-)

nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

Ok fellas, got it done. Turns out I needed to do this for my new EA I am working on.

http://codebase.mql4.com/_my/5705/1

LEHayes:
nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

Ok fellas, got it done. Turns out I needed to do this for my new EA I am working on.

http://codebase.mql4.com/my/5705/1

Hi LEHayes,

I afraid this link don't work

nick_berlin:
LEHayes:
nick_berlin:

Hi LEHayes,

Nick

http://codebase.mql4.com/my/5705/1

Hi LEHayes,

I afraid this link don't work

Look for BollingerBandwidth3 in the code base.

Reason: