Custom Indicator, accessing indicator values.

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom coloured indicator X. X uses a number of "base" indicators to calculate its own indicator value. One of the base indicators is ATR. Please see extract of my code to see how I access this ATR indicator values:

int atrHandle;

double atrVal[];

int OnInit( ) {

//ATR INIT

atrHandle=iATR(NULL,PERIOD_H1,ATRPERIOD);              

ArraySetAsSeries(atrVal,true);

}

int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,

const int prev_calculated,

const datetime &time[],

const double &open[],

const double &high[],

const double &low[],

const double &close[],

const long &tick_volume[],

const long &volume[],

const int &spread[])

{

CopyBuffer(atrHandle,0,0,rates_total,atrVal) \\ get me all ATR values for the entire chart

QUESTION 1

When I try to copy all the values (rates_total) from atrVAL I get the following output. Note rates_total-1 is the first bar on the chart. 

atrVal[rates_total-1]=1.797693134862316e+308

atrVal[0]=0.001854666666666693

I don't understand why I am getting a strange number for the first bar (rates_total-1).  It seems like there is a threshold to the number of indicator values you can recieve, i.e. if I only get the last 100 bars ATR values then they all seem corrent. Its just when I overload the CopyBuffer with a task to get me all the indicator values for the entire chart do I start getting strange number like atrVal[rates_total-1]=1.797693134862316e+308.

Is it something to do with the fact that the atrVal is of type double []?

any help would be appreciated.

mcai4sh3 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5