Indicators: Dollar Index

Dollar Index:

The U.S. Dollar Index (USDX, DXY, DX) is an index (or measure) of the value of the United States dollar relative to a basket of foreign currencies, often referred to as a basket of U.S. trade partners' currencies. The Index goes up when the U.S. dollar gains "strength" (value) when compared to other currencies.

The index is maintained and published by ICE (Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.), with the name "U.S. Dollar Index" a registered trademark.

It is a weighted geometric mean of the dollar's value relative to following select currencies:

• Euro (EUR), 57.6% weight.
  • Japanese yen (JPY) 13.6% weight.
  • Pound sterling (GBP), 11.9% weight.
  • Canadian dollar (CAD), 9.1% weight.
  • Swedish krona (SEK), 4.2% weight.
  • Swiss franc (CHF) 3.6% weight.

Author: Mladen Rakic

Hello Mladen

is it possible to make this indicator have variable index not only to show dollar , in order to show other currency index as attachment 

Hello.

Very important indi for those who haven't dollar index in the terminal. But unfortunately it doesn't work in my terminal. Could you a bit elaborate how to use it?   What is "Symbols prefix" and "Symbols suffix" ? It might be that it doesn't work for me, because those prefix and suffix are empty?

Tankarotrader #:

Hello.

Very important indi for those who haven't dollar index in the terminal. But unfortunately it doesn't work in my terminal. Could you a bit elaborate how to use it?   What is "Symbols prefix" and "Symbols suffix" ? It might be that it doesn't work for me, because those prefix and suffix are empty?

Some brokers use prefixes or suffixes for their currency pairs. One might use NZD. Another might add the prefix, FX-NZD. And another might use NZD-FX. If your broker doesn't assign suffixes or prefixes, it shouldn't affect the indicator's functionality.

Hello, I can assure you that this indicator for MT5 has helped me to minimize risks. Recommended, especially to beginners.

Hi - Dollar index.mq5 works with 5min charts and 1 min charts!! Thanks!!!!!!!

look good, thank you
Reason: