Scalper, real live trading vs backtest results

To add comments, please log in or register
vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
Hello friends, i wanted to ask how much is the difference between a backtest and real live trading ?

I have a ea that seems to work with 1 min time period, its a fast scalper. He works good in backtest with spread 2. 

Now i have a spread filter on the ea, which will hopefully protect me from bigger spreads but i heard there is also a big difference with closing orders on live trading??

Has anyone some experience yet in shortime trading ? Backtest vs Live ?
Regards
Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
vortex_pme:
Hello friends, i wanted to ask how much is the difference between a backtest and real live trading ?

I have a ea that seems to work with 1 min time period, its a fast scalper. He works good in backtest with spread 2. 

Now i have a spread filter on the ea, which will hopefully protect me from bigger spreads but i heard there is also a big difference with closing orders on live trading??

Has anyone some experience yet in shortime trading ? Backtest vs Live ?
Regards

If you can find a broker with a spread 0-2 and no commission it would work - but you won't find one. 

vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
Icham Aidibe:

If you can find a broker with a spread 0-2 and no commission it would work - but you won't find one. 

Thx

Hm... but ig is usually below 0-2 on some markets and timeperiods ?
vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
and i didnt hear yet they have commison ? am i wrong ?
Mohammed Mounir
Mohammed Mounir  
there will always be different between backtest and real trading, my advise is to try your EA on real money to test it
Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
vortex_pme:
and i didnt hear yet they have commison ? am i wrong ?

1 on your broker page = 10 with mt4 tester (if I remember correctly) maybe i m wrong, someone else will help you better with mt4

vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
Icham Aidibe:

1 on your broker page = 10 with mt4 tester (if I remember correctly) maybe i m wrong, someone else will help you better with mt4

Thanks
vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
Mohammed Mounir:
there will always be different between backtest and real trading, my advise is to try your EA on real money to test it
Thanks
Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
vortex_pme:
Thanks

You welcome. Expect always a little more than the average spread, and few points for slippage ; there's always a natural slippage, which is nor predictable nor the same from a deal to another nor included in the tester (so use the spread to include it)

vortex_pme
vortex_pme  
Icham Aidibe:

You welcome. Expect always a little more than the average spread, and few points for slippage ; there's always a natural slippage, which is nor predictable nor the same from a deal to another

I see. Thank you
To add comments, please log in or register