Seeking help with price array passwed to Bollinger Bands when dropped on indicator vs in code referencing data array

To add comments, please log in or register
Scott Watson
Scott Watson  

Hello Everyone,

When I drop the built-in Bollingers Bands on to an indicator and set the Apply to the First Indicator's Data I get the correct results. (see first two images)

Now when I try to program the BB and the underlying 'price' in one indicator to mimic the results of dropping the BB on the indicator in the chart I get very different results.

as you can see in the bottom part of the image the Red Dash line is the underlying 'price' and when I compare its values it is the say as in the upper part of the image. Now the BB upper/lower bands in the bottom image are totally different in shape and in values to the dropped BB above it.

Here are the two indicators and again what I am trying to do is add the LaguerreFilter to the code of the bollinger bands code and have it mimic the shape and values as if I dropped the built-in BB on the LaguerreFilter.

What I think is causing my problem is;

while(k>=i)
{
   newres=Close[k]-oldval;
   sum+=newres*newres;
   k--;
}

the BB references the close in the calculation but I am not sure what the built-in BB uses when it is dropped on an indicator and the price is set to 'First Indicator'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your Time

EK

Scott Watson
Scott Watson  

I finally realized that I can just use iBandsOnArray and achieve the results I am looking for.

Thanks

To add comments, please log in or register