Sell Stop Order Advise

Please, I'm sorry if my question is out of place here, but I couldn't think of a better place to go. I placed a sell stop order as follows;  #27880606 sell stop 0.10 AUDUSD at 0.93576 sl: 0.94076 tp: 0.93252. The sell stop order was accepted by my broker order. A live account by the way.

When the order was triggered, it was at 0.93236, sl 0.94076, tp 0.00000.

How could this be so?

zecomengineer:

Please, I'm sorry if my question is out of place here, but I couldn't think of a better place to go. I placed a sell stop order as follows;  #27880606 sell stop 0.10 AUDUSD at 0.93576 sl: 0.94076 tp: 0.93252. The sell stop order was accepted by my broker order. A live account by the way.

When the order was triggered, it was at 0.93236, sl 0.94076, tp 0.00000.

How could this be so?

Follow the green link in your post :

Sell Stop — trade request to sell at the Bid price that is equal to or lower than that specified in the order. The current price level is higher than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having reached a certain level, will keep on falling;

There is no guarantee that a stop order will be triggered at your price.

angevoyageur:

Okay , thank you Moderator, I don't just understand how/why the order was triggered even below my set takeprofit

zecomengineer:
Okay , thank you Moderator, I don't just understand how/why the order was triggered even below my set takeprofit
angevoyageur:

Moderator, if I may ask, (1) What are the reasons why there is no guarantee that a stop order will be triggered at my price.  (2) Is there also a maximum range from my price to which a stop order could be triggered. (3)Is it acceptable practice stop order take profit to be modified/cancelled when the order is triggered. Thank you.
Reason: