Serious Data Bug on 1 Minute Charts MT4

this is actually a really major bug which renders the ability to draw trendlines on 1 minute charts useless in mt4(!)

like, wow holy crap how could this go unchecked....

i have provided an indicator called copy tline which if you place it on a chart and draw a trendline with the correct name (use '1' to keep it simple), then that trendline will be immediately copied and updated in real time to all other open charts of the same symbol. also to make things easier i included hotkeys2 indi so you can flip through the timeframes using the keyboard numbers 1-9 instead of mousing

so for this test use just 1 hour and 1 minute charts of the same symbol. place the copy tline indi on the 1 hour chart and set a name (i use '1'), then draw a trendline on the 1 hour and name it '1'. on the next tick the same trendline will appear on the other chart

however, if the second anchor (third dot) of the trendline is too far back in time, the trendline will paint way off on the 1 minute chart, even if on the 1 hour chart it is correct. if you then flip the one minute chart to 5 minute or higher, everything will be perfect, it is only on 1 minute charts that all calculations change and trendlines with anchor points too far back will be thrown off

this is not good! all other timeframes translate the trendline no problems, you can even test this on one chart without any indis it will be the same, once you drop to 1 minute, if the second anchor point is far enough back in time, the trendline will be off

i included a screen recording to illustrate, you can see the other time frames show the trendline where it should be, but on the one minute it is off. i have tried everything from downloading/deleting history, clearing logs/files, trying different brokers, reducing max bars in options, everything i can think of

this is a universal bug. it sucks because i trade with 1 minute and higher charts, one minute the entry chart, and now i find out the trendlines i have been drawing on the higher timeframes are sometimes way off

Files:

grrbear:

this is actually a really major bug which renders the ability to draw trendlines on 1 minute charts useless in mt4(!)

like, wow holy crap how could this go unchecked....

i have provided an indicator called copy tline which if you place it on a chart and draw a trendline with the correct name (use '1' to keep it simple), then that trendline will be immediately copied and updated in real time to all other open nzdusd charts. also to make things easier i included hotkeys2 indi so you can flip through the timeframes using the keyboard numbers 1-9 instead of mousing

so for this test use just the 1 hour and 1 minute charts. place the copy tline indi on the 1 hour chart and set a name (i use '1'), then draw a trendline on the 1 hour and name it '1'. on the next tick the same trendline will appear on the other nzdusd chart

however, if the second anchor (third dot) of the trendline is too far back in time, the trendline will paint way off on the 1 minute chart, even if on the 1 hour chart it is correct. if you then flip the one minute chart to 5 minute or higher, everything will be perfect, it is only on 1 minute charts that all calculations change and trendlines with anchor points too far back will be thrown off

this is not good! all other timeframes translate the trendline no problems, you can even test this on one chart without any indis it will be the same, once you drop to 1 minute, if the second anchor point is far enough back in time, the trendline will be way off on the minute chart(!)

i included a screen recording to illustrate, you can see the other time frames show the trendline where it should be, but on the one minute it is off. i have tried everything from downloading/deleting history, clearing logs/files, trying different brokers, reducing max bars in options, everything i can think of

this is a universal bug. it sucks because i trade with 1 minute and higher charts, one minute the entry chart, and now i find out the trendlines i have been drawing on the higher timeframes are sometimes way off

Can you scroll to the left anchor of the trendline on M1 ? Looks like your M1 in the video does not even reach the weekend gap.

grrbear:

however, if the second anchor (third dot) of the trendline is too far back in time,

No bug at all, PICNIC.

You drew the TL on the H1, therefor the price is correct but the time is the beginning of the H1, not the minute.

whroeder1:

No bug at all, PICNIC.

You drew the TL on the H1, therefor the price is correct but the time is the beginning of the H1, not the minute.

picnic, haha ; )

whroeder1:

No bug at all, PICNIC.

one question, i also use trendlines on offline basket charts but the basket indicator can only paint a few thousand bars maximum so there is no way to get the trendlines to line up on a 1 minute offline basket chart. is there any solution to this? i am guessing any basket indicator would slow down or freeze mt4 if it tried to paint more than a few thousand bars

maybe i would have to draw two trendlines, one going back in time and another placed at the end to extend it which will be the one that is copied to the 1 minute chart

grrbear:

one would have to do this every time they open mt4

actually maybe not though, i just scrolled the one minute charts back as far as they would go which is fine for my purposes and they went back to 2018 mid january. so now i believe there would be no gaps introduced after that point going forward

basket charts though...might have to get the trendline indicator re-written for offline charts

here's how you can get all available from your broker.

whroeder1:
here's how you can get all available from your broker.

thanks i had known about this from a few years ago when first learning offline/basket charts, however when i tried this there would still be gaps in the history especially with some pairs like nzdusd, causing errors in the indicators and also actual gaps in the dates on the chart ie nov, dec, jan, mar(?). i don't need that much historical data, but it is the gaps in the history that mess up offline charts and indicators that i cannot solve

apparently some external source must be used for accurate mt4 data and some convoluted process to get it into mt4 and all translated correctly

Reason: