Historical Data Solutions

With the new builds for MT4, it appears as though the importing of historical data to the History Center is no longer allowed thereby restricting back tests to the use of inadequate data.  What are various solutions to dealing with the problem of inadequate historical data in MT4? 

What do you mean ? I am not aware of any restriction to import data with History Center.

angevoyageur:
What do you mean ? I am not aware of any restriction to import data with History Center.

When one opens the History Center, clicks on the desired currency timeframe, clicks on 'Import', then clicks on 'Browse', to go to the location where hst. files have been placed (such as the 'default' folder in the 'history' folder), the files are not seen.  If the files have been placed in the 'history' folder of the Data Folder, the pathway to the files can only be accessed through the AppData folder which is not seen in the 'user_name' folder.  If I simply resort to clicking on 'Download' to get MetaQuotes data, the message 'There are no new data for a symbol...' appears.

ASAR:

When one opens the History Center, clicks on the desired currency timeframe, clicks on 'Import', then clicks on 'Browse', to go to the location where hst. files have been placed (such as the 'default' folder in the 'history' folder), the files are not seen.  If the files have been placed in the 'history' folder of the Data Folder, the pathway to the files can only be accessed through the AppData folder which is not seen in the 'user_name' folder.  If I simply resort to clicking on 'Download' to get MetaQuotes data, the message 'There are no new data for a symbol...' appears.
Did you set the correct file type for the History Centre to look for ?  from memory the default is .csv so you have to change it to look for .hst  . . .

RaptorUK:
Did you set the correct file type for the History Centre to look for ?  from memory the default is .csv so you have to change it to look for .hst  . . .

Thank you.  Reminding me of that has solved that problem but now it only returns me to a previous problem in which the imported history never remains imported.  If I exit the History Center and open it again, the imported history is no longer there.

ASAR:

Thank you.  Reminding me of that has solved that problem but now it only returns me to a previous problem in which the imported history never remains imported.  If I exit the History Center and open it again, the imported history is no longer there.

If you import data for a symbol and you have that symbol open on a chart the data will not import correctly,  in my experience.  If you Import recent data and are connected to your Broker you Imported data can be over written by your Broker . .  so make sure MT4 is offline.  I have posted many times about this subject as have other users,  all the info is there you just need to look for it and find it . . .

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144874 

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143430/page2#756987 

RaptorUK:

If you import data for a symbol and you have that symbol open on a chart the data will not import correctly,  in my experience.  If you Import recent data and are connected to your Broker you Imported data can be over written by your Broker . .  so make sure MT4 is offline.  I have posted many times about this subject as have other users,  all the info is there you just need to look for it and find it . . .

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144874 

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143430/page2#756987 

When I take MT4 offline, restart it, and open the History Center, everything is blank with the message 'Database: 0 records'.  When I proceed to then import the data, exit the History Center and open a chart of the symbol, the chart confirms the data that was imported and if I open the History Center again, the data is still there.  However, when I exit MT4 and restart it again with it still being offline, there's a 'Waiting for update' message on the chart I had previously opened and the History Center is again blank with the message 'Database: 0 records'.

ASAR:

When I take MT4 offline, 
What method are you using to take MT4 offline from your Broker ?

RaptorUK:
What method are you using to take MT4 offline from your Broker ?

I login with an incorrect login ID.

Have you try with correct login ID but disconnect your Internet connection?

deysmacro:
Have you try with correct login ID but disconnect your Internet connection?

Yes, I've tried keeping the correct login and disconnecting from the internet.  The results are the same.
Reason: