How to create an EA (ichimoku rules)

Hello everyone, I'm not very new at EA programming but since I tried to program one by myself it never worked because of the strategy I think, I tried to use basic Ichimoku strategy or Pivot Points but I never had an EA that worked.. Sometimes in the strategy test, I had some benefice on a period but when I changed the period it became worse. So do you have any way to perform an EA ? Like how to increase his "intelligence" ?

Noe Combes Bardoll:
Hello everyone, I'm not very new at EA programming but since I tried to program one by myself it never worked because of the strategy I think, I tried to use basic Ichimoku strategy or Pivot Points but I never had an EA that worked.. Sometimes in the strategy test, I had some benefice on a period but when I changed the period it became worse. So do you have any way to perform an EA ? Like how to increase his "intelligence" ?

first you should have a solution in your head, and detect the failure reasons for your strategy, then be able to turn it into codes.

your question is too general to answer , i think.

Noe Combes Bardoll:

What you'll teach it, it'll know it. An EA is a program which performs predefined actions in predefined context. 

Just like you in live trading with period x,y,z. It can work during 10 days, then you have to update your indicators periods. 

Think about how would you proceed in that case & put it into code. 

Reason: