Fixed my EA without knowing how...

I had been having some difficulty translating my EA into mql5, but after a while I eventually succeeded however, 10 percent of the time it's performance on mt5 differed greatly with it's performance on mt4, and this disparate occurrence would arise on around the same date, and on multiple currencies. During back tests I found that there was an error in the EA, but I could not locate the error within my code, so in an attempt to fix the error (without actually knowing where it was) I simply became more strict with the mql5 protocol, I did this for a while, but to no avail.

My EA suddenly started working correctly, and I find this very peculiar, I'll admit I performed the first back tests close to the weekend. Might this phenomenon be a result of weekend spreads? Weekend spreads where the reason behind past heretofore unexplained issues. 

MetaNt:

I had been having some difficulty translating my EA into mql5, but after a while I eventually succeeded however, 10 percent of the time it's performance on mt5 differed greatly with it's performance on mt4, and this disparate occurrence would arise on around the same date, and on multiple currencies. During back tests I found that there was an error in the EA, but I could not locate the error within my code, so in an attempt to fix the error (without actually knowing where it was) I simply became more strict with the mql5 protocol, I did this for a while, but to no avail.

My EA suddenly started working correctly, and I find this very peculiar, I'll admit I performed the first back tests close to the weekend. Might this phenomenon be a result of weekend spreads? Weekend spreads where the reason behind past heretofore unexplained issues. 

There is no "week-end" spread on MT5, the spread used during backtesting comes from history data. There can be a "week-end" spread on MT4 if you choose "Current" settings while backtesting.

angevoyageur:
There is no "week-end" spread on MT5, the spread used during backtesting comes from history data. There can be a "week-end" spread on MT4 if you choose "Current" settings while backtesting.
Why are the MT5 results different from the MT4 ones? I noticed that the broker used with MT5 does not open on weekends and that this has an effect on my indicator's behavior.

MetaNt:
Why are the MT5 results different from the MT4 ones? I noticed that the broker used with MT5 does not open on weekends and that this has an effect on my indicator's behavior.

Are you using the same data, the same settings ? If your results are different there 3 possibilities :

• Your data aren't the same
  • Your settings aren't the same (Trading or EA).
  • Your code is buggy.
Reason: