Sendmail not allowed in VPS ?

I am on 24hrs free VPS. Highly considering to upgrade or extend VPS service, but I have had problems with my sendmail function.

It works perfectly well in normal metatrader. In the Options-> email tab, I already entered all the necessary details and all works fine in normal environment.

I have checked the Journal and it shows that the indicator that calls this sendmail, say indicator x is loaded properly.

Then I “start server” and migrate, to start the services and then close my metatrader, assuming all is now running in the virtual hosting.

When the condition is fulfilled for indicator x to signal, there is no email send.

“maybe” my sendmail is a little complex. So I created a dummy sendmail, as simple as possible as this

SendMail("Hello", "world");     

(which works in normal metatrader)

Still no e-mail is send out.

I am wondering whether sendmail() is even allowed in VPS environment.

Can anybody give some feedbacks. Thanks in advance.

myhome50:

I am on 24hrs free VPS. Highly considering to upgrade or extend VPS service, but I have had problems with my sendmail function.

It works perfectly well in normal metatrader. In the Options-> email tab, I already entered all the necessary details and all works fine in normal environment.

I have checked the Journal and it shows that the indicator that calls this sendmail, say indicator x is loaded properly.

Then I “start server” and migrate, to start the services and then close my metatrader, assuming all is now running in the virtual hosting.

When the condition is fulfilled for indicator x to signal, there is no email send.

“maybe” my sendmail is a little complex. So I created a dummy sendmail, as simple as possible as this

SendMail("Hello", "world");     

(which works in normal metatrader)

Still no e-mail is send out.

I am wondering whether sendmail() is even allowed in VPS environment.

Can anybody give some feedbacks. Thanks in advance.

Try type ’Hello Earth’ and it should work like a charm 😂

Hi myhome50,

You can ask the developers in the service desk (the link is on your profile).
Because as far as I know - dll is not allowed on VPS ... and I have no idea about sendmail sorry.

Reason: