Indicators in MT5 are too expensive ?

Hi all,

I've recently been developing a few indicators for MT5.  Nothing ground-breaking or innovative, but I've identified several reasonably well known indicators that are available on Bloomberg and other platforms, have decent write-ups on the internet and yet are not yet available on MT5, neither in the free indicator suite provided, nor in the MT5 market.  So far I've released a small handful to the market, and have a list of about 20 more to write.

However, I'm getting rapidly discouraged - despite several trial downloads, sales so far have been non-existent.

I'm convinced this is due to price - the minimum price I'm allowed to list an indicator for in the system is $30 for lifetime use (well ok, I am allowed to list them for free, but  that's not going to happen !).  I would be more than willing to list all my indicators for $10 for lifetime use, but I'm not allowed to.

Personally speaking, I don't think even I would spend $30 for one of my own indicators, it just seems too expensive, but I'd be quite happy to pay out say $10 for an indicator I liked.  It's well understood that there are no perfect indicators that work all the time and are all you need (despite what other developers might tell you), but that proper technical analysis depends on getting corroborated signals from several indicators and price patterns that together increase the likelihood of a successful trade.  However, if you were to buy say 3 indicators from the market to get that corroboration, then you're already $90+ down.

Could we please review the minimum price I'm allowed to list for ?  I can't see any point me carrying on developing if I can't sell any.

Stuart

Stuart Goodwin:

Hi all,

I've recently been developing a few indicators for MT5.  Nothing ground-breaking or innovative, but I've identified several reasonably well known indicators that are available on Bloomberg and other platforms, have decent write-ups on the internet and yet are not yet available on MT5, neither in the free indicator suite provided, nor in the MT5 market.  So far I've released a small handful to the market, and have a list of about 20 more to write.

However, I'm getting rapidly discouraged - despite several trial downloads, sales so far have been non-existent.

I'm convinced this is due to price - the minimum price I'm allowed to list an indicator for in the system is $30 for lifetime use (well ok, I am allowed to list them for free, but  that's not going to happen !).  I would be more than willing to list all my indicators for $10 for lifetime use, but I'm not allowed to.

Personally speaking, I don't think even I would spend $30 for one of my own indicators, it just seems too expensive, but I'd be quite happy to pay out say $10 for an indicator I liked.  It's well understood that there are no perfect indicators that work all the time and are all you need (despite what other developers might tell you), but that proper technical analysis depends on getting corroborated signals from several indicators and price patterns that together increase the likelihood of a successful trade.  However, if you were to buy say 3 indicators from the market to get that corroboration, then you're already $90+ down.

Could we please review the minimum price I'm allowed to list for ?  I can't see any point me carrying on developing if I can't sell any.

Stuart

Hello,
maybe you are right, there is no doubt about the pricing of indicators.
However, we move in a gray area. The times are over where there are tons of free indicators as you know it from the MT4.
I find some good, very good but i do not spend money on indicators.
Personally, I believe that nobody getting rich with indicators but I do not know exactly.

Ultimately, everyone can decides how to offer the indicator.

J.

Well I was hoping that there's at least one way of getting rich with indicators, and that's to sell them :-)

but sadly it seems even that doesn't work

Stuart Goodwin:

Hi all,

Stuart

Appropriately, if you want to complain think like price of products on the market are high, you should write to service desk, or else people will think that you are trying to advertise your product through thread.