margin level explain please anyone - page 3

plodder:

ok I'm opening a live account up but curious what type is best classic big spread no commission or pro no spread but with commission ?

also the broker only uses MT4 is MT4 a lot different/worse than MT5 ?

ECN accounts offer more tight spreads and charge a commission, in comparison with standard accounts that charge only spread in each trade.

For most traders standard accounts are fine, but for some who perform scalping or use certain strategies ECN accounts fits them better.

Anyway, its up to you really.

MT4 is more than fine for a new trader like you, I wouldn't worry about that.

Eleni Anna Branou:

ECN accounts offer more tight spreads and charge a commission, in comparison with standard accounts that charge only spread in each trade.

For most traders standard accounts are fine, but for some who perform scalping or use certain strategies ECN accounts fits them better.

Anyway, its up to you really.

MT4 is more than fine for a new trader like you, I wouldn't worry about that.

mmm so pro is better for scalping ? 1minute/1 hour bids ?

plodder:

mmm so pro is better for scalping ? 1minute/1 hour bids ?

You can say that.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can say that.

so pro no spread but commission. okies thank you anna :)

plodder:

so pro no spread but commission. okies thank you anna :)

what side of this does mt5 demo use when trading ? :/

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your EURUSD trade is only 5 pips against you and you already loosing £163.

If it moves more than 70-100 pips against (which is not unusual, its less than the average daily range of EURUSD), you will have a margin call.

You should use a lot size calculator, in order to calculate the correct size of a trade, by entering your desired stop loss level and the maximum percentage that you want to risk.

It it prudent not to risk more than 2-3% per trade, some traders risk even less than that, in order to survive the market.

(I see of course that your trades are in demo mode, but its better to learn in demo mode than to risk your own money)

oh yes most definitely in demo mode :D :D

plodder:

oh yes most definitely in demo mode :D :D

lso do I have to deposit money to the broker through mt5 or directly through the broker account I have made please ?

plodder:

lso do I have to deposit money to the broker through mt5 or directly through the broker account I have made please ?

The deposits to your account are made though your broker and not your platform.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The deposits to your account are made though your broker and not your platform.

awesome ty anna :D
Reason: