Metatrader 4 strategy Tester

Hi Can anyone tell me why everytime I test a specific week on mt4 strategy tester and save the results, then I return to the same week ,same pairs, same ea the results are never the same but yet they should be as they are supposed to be genuine results in the past, this is so annoying, how will we ever be able to tryst our results?

Geoff

geoff hornibrook: Hi Can anyone tell me why everytime I test a specific week on mt4 strategy tester and save the results, then I return to the same week ,same pairs, same ea the results are never the same but yet they should be as they are supposed to be genuine results in the past, this is so annoying, how will we ever be able to tryst our results?

Because, certain default information used by the Strategy Tester is based on the current Market/Broker conditions which will change between tests.

The two main culprits that change regularly are:

• the spread, if you don't set it explicitly and just leave it at "current".
  • the tick-value, if using symbols or currency pairs for which the quote currency is different to your deposit currency (for example running a test on xxx/USD but your deposit is in EUR).

To properly use the Strategy Tester, requires some advanced skill and knowledge which many beginners lack. A lot of research is required to learn to properly use it.

Fernando Carreiro:

Because, certain default information used by the Strategy Tester is based on the current Market/Broker conditions which will change between tests.

The two main culprits that change regularly are:

• the spread, if you don't set it explicitly and just leave it at "current".
  • the tick-value, if using symbols or currency pairs for which the quote currency is different to your deposit currency (for example running a test on xxx/USD but your deposit is in EUR).

To properly use the Strategy Tester, requires some advanced skill and knowledge which many beginners lack. A lot of research is required to learn to properly use it.

Please give a few keywords to search for Strategy Tester.

fatbody: Please give a few keywords to search for Strategy Tester.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking for! Can you explain it more clearly please?

Fernando Carreiro:

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking for! Can you explain it more clearly please?

I apologize for not being word-perfect in English.

What points should be considered for MT4 Strategy Tester?

I need some keyword for research and googleing.

fatbody:

I apologize for not being word-perfect in English.

What points should be considered for MT4 Strategy Tester?

I need some keyword for research and googleing.

He is asking you what are you looking for as "Strategy Tester" seems not to be to good.

May be you should first search here for "Strategy Tester"!

fatbody: I apologize for not being word-perfect in English. What points should be considered for MT4 Strategy Tester? I need some keyword for research and googleing.

No worries!

To answer your question, I have already mentioned 2 points here, but for more details you won't find much on the forum (or other sites). You may find a few things scattered about but there is no central place explaining all these things.

They are all points that one only learns mostly through experience with trading, coding and running back-tests as well as research and reading the documentation. If you lucky you may have someone tutor or mentor you on various points.

In my case, I had no mentor, and I had to learn it by myself with a lot of research and by gaining the necessary experience.

Reason: